Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration day

Good morning to all of my readers. It's 6:50am. Today is a real big day. Not just for me, but for my entire country. Today is Inauguration Day 2009. That means our new president, Barack Obama, will be put into office. I surely hope with him there is change in this country. Anyway, another reason why this is a real big day is because I've got testing today (my very first test to this extent of my high school career). I've got testing today, tomorrow and Thursday. My peers and I in my classroom get to leave school at 1:30pm (everyone else leaves at 11:45am, but the stubborn bus company will not send the buses earlier than 1pm) so I'll be home by 2:30pm. My schedule today is as follows: 1st period (with my peers) from 8-9am, Division (with my peers again) from 9:04-9:34am, 4th period (AGAIN ... with my peers) from 9:38-10:38am, 7th period (my Algebra class/test) from 10:42-11:42am, Lunch from 11:46am-12:30pm, Gym (with the peers) from 12:34-1:20pm and dismissal at 1:30pm. Here is crimne for today.

6:12am - One of the Beat cars does a premise check at 1747 N Springfield, the pumping station.

6:29am - Auto theft. 3914 W Cortland. 4 door Dodge neon was just stolen.
------
Good afternoon, everyone, it's 2:55pm. I just recieved two emails of a shooting at Diversey and Albany that happened last night, so I'll post an article about it very shortly. In the meantime, here's crime for this afternoon.

2:43pm - Battery. 3640 W Wolfram. A car nearly ran over a person in front of the school and when the vitcim went to confront the offender, he pulled her by the arm. The vitcim is waiting in the school's main office.

2:47pm - Battery. 3986 W Barry. At the ASIPRA High School. There was a fight.

3:07pm - Person with a gun. Belden and Hamlin. Male White has a gun.

3:12pm - A slow down is given at Belden and Hamlin. Second, another call just came in at that location for a gang disturbance. Twenty gang members on the corner. Third, 2563Adam has a traffic stop at Lyndale and Hamlin.

3:13pm - First, the second call on that gang disturbance saids the gang bangers were arguing with someone on the 1st floor at 2300 N Hamlin. Second, 2563Adam saids he is observing the crowd of gang members go north on Hamlin, arguing with each other. Third, a cop at Lyndale and Hamlin asks for another cop to come over to him.

3:29pm - Dang. Assault. 3651 W Schubert. At Monroe school. Two families of parents are threatening each other. One group is in the main office and the other is outside.

3:38pm - Beat car 2522 wants to know if the 3:29pm job was called in by the school. Dispatch tells the officer that it was in fact called in by the school.

3:42pm - Check the well being. 2800 block of North Killbourn. Call taker can hear people arguing. The caller hung up.

3:49pm - The 3:29pm job is coded out 5Frank.

4:09pm - Disturbance. 3837 W Fullerton. Something about the store owner.

4:10pm - Wagon 2573 on views a disturbance at 3181 N Milwaukee, at the gas station.

4:12pm - Beat 2573 is taking a man to a shelter from the 3181 N Milwaukee thing.

4:52pm - Theft report. 4419 W Diversey. Someone's wallet was stolen.

5:00pm - I'm switching the scanner over to Zone 3 (14th district) until 6:30pm, so if anything goes down west of Central Park during the time frame, please email me about it. Note: Crimes in 14th will be in this color.

5:13pm - Person down. Milwaukee and Western. Female slipped and possibly injured her back.

5:27pm - Commerical alarm. 3402 W Fullerton. Additonal .. something. The job is coded out right away, however.

5:34pm - Disturbance. Kedzie and Moffat. Female with a small child in the middle of the street. Cars are going around them.

5:48pm - Sounds like Beat car 1411 was flagged down at Diversey/Western/Elston about someone getting "sliced" and "diced" possibly. Wasn't paying too much attention since I was watching the news.

5:54pm - Beat 1434 is going to St. Mary's Hospital with the injured female from the 5:13pm job.

6:10pm - Music disturbance. 2048 W Wabansia. No further information.

6:20pm - Burglar report. 3557 W Lyndale. The "girlfriend" found the apartment broken into.

6:30pm - I'm going to go eat. The radio is back on Zone 12 (25th districts). I've done my share in covering 14, LOL.

6:36pm - Check the well being. 2652 N Harding. A 65 yr old female needs to be checked on.

6:42pm - What originally came in as a disturbance now comes in as a Battery. 3724 W Fullerton. I'm guessing that the caller was having a problem with two males and now it appears they beated him up.

6:48pm - I'm back from dinner and will be here for a few more minutes.

6:51pm - Beat car 2525 has a traffic stop at Springfield and George.

7:04pm - I have to go do some stuff before bed, so good night to everybody and if anything happens, please email me about it.

No comments: