Saturday, June 13, 2015

Update From Tim/Archive Statuses

Hello, everyone! I hope all of you are doing well and have had a wonderful year so far. I sincerely apologize for all of those out there who were let down by my announcement in July 2014 when I announced that I was ending this blog. I am hoping that the neighborhood outside of my immediate area has been very quiet and despite my absence from being involved, things continue to improve. To give a brief update on what I'm doing nowadays and everything, I have earned my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice as of May 2015 from Wright College, and will be starting at Northeastern Illinois University in Fall 2015 to work on obtaining my Bachelor's Degree, though Criminal Justice is not a field I really want to go into anymore. With being a part-time Student Ambassador/Clerical Assistant at Wright College, it changed my mind a lot on what exactly it is I want to do. I am planning on going into the Education field or in a related field so that I can have a career in that sector, serving students. Though, I may also go into a career related in Criminal Justice. I have a number of plans and time will just have to tell what God wants me to do (I am a born-again Christian for those who did not know, and not ashamed whatsoever to admit it). My time management skills are getting a bit better, but I still have a lot of obligations to fulfill. Lastly, I still have a LOT of archives from this blog from months and years ago, going back to June 2013, to listen to. Which brings me to the point of doing this post. I wanted to let all of you that as of this evening, I am going to FINALLY begin posting calls and/or posts from archives I have during the time I blogged.

With that said, here is the latest status on whether this blog will permanently end or not. In all honestly, I do not have much time right now to keep the blog updated daily or even once a week. There is simply too much I still need to get done. Though, with me being on break from school for the summer until August and only working 20 hours a week presently, there is a good chance that I will be able to catch up on a lot of archives as well as personal things. So with that said, if everything works out the way I plan for it to, I plan on making a full come back for this blog by August. By that time, I also want to begin putting my foot back in the door of neighborhood involvement. Since I ended this blog last year, I have not attended any community meetings or CAPS Beat meetings.

Please find below the list of archives I will be starting today, June 13, 2015:
  • Monday, June 17, 2013 from 1:28pm to 8:28pm (Zone 12)
  • Wednesday, June 19, 2013 from 12:58pm to 4:12pm (Zone 1)
  • Tuesday, June 25, 2013 from 9:42am to 2:18pm (Zone 3) -- possibly [?].
I also plan to work on additional archives within the next few days. Most likely, I will work on another archive or two tonight, and then work on quite a few on Monday, June 15th.

If anyone wants to at all help keep this effort, or to even contribute ideas, please do let me know. I will still be checking my crime blotter e-mail address (avondalelscrimeblotter@gmail.com). The Facebook page was deleted due to inactivity, but if and when I make a come back, I will create a new one. I will also have a Twitter account. The blog will NOT be deleted, as I want to keep it up to give people an idea of how things have happened over the years, and there is possibility that I may return in the near future. I truly want to have this effort keep going. There are not many words I can describe to say how I would feel if there was another strong leader who could take charge and pick up from where I left off. I want this momentum to be revived and brought back to my original vision of being a neighborhood voice, to unify people and keep each other informed.

Truly Yours,
Tim "Timmy" Granzow
Author, Avondale/Logan Square Crime Blotter

3 comments:

rosco said...

Keep up with it. if you plan to go into law enforcement forget about Chicago. There's far too much political hackery and the African/American ministers which seem to keep crime on the rise.

rosco said...

Please don't try to work with CPD. In any law enforcement choice, I'd take any suburb over Chicago...

Anonymous said...

Tim, I appreciate the work you do here, but why spend time on archives? Recent crime data is available on many other sites. I like to read your site for current crime news.