BUMPED (orginal date of post is 10/15/09):
Apparently, the shooting never stops in Logan Square. Yet another shooting has occurred. The latest one occurred at the V Live Club, 2047 North Milwaukee at about 2:00am this morning. A 17 year old boy was shot to death in this club after an alleged argument with another guy when that guy pulled out a handgun and shot him. The boy was indentifed by the Cook County Medical Examier as Ramiro Guevara. According to police, there were over 2000 people in this club when the incident occurred. They were paying $30 to get in. People under 21 were allowed in, but the workers allegedly gave those under age wristbands that did NOT allow them to drink. Source/Read more.
I've got questions about this:
1) Why the hell was a 17 yr old boy allowed in a club like V Live?
2) Why is the boy out after curfew? On a school night, no less? At 2 this morning, I was sleeping for 6 hours.
3) Why did V Live allow minors into the club?
4) I know the article says that 2487 people are allowed into V Live, but why were there 2000 people in one room like that? On a Wednesday night/Thursday (early) morning? Doesn't anybody who was there have a job in the morning? I understand that some people don't work in the mornings, but seriously, at least a few people there had/have to.
5) Why was the murderer allowed to bring a gun into the club? Don't they have security where you get patted down? I went to my school's homecoming dance last Friday night and I was searched head to toe by CPD, but yet a nightclub can't search the people who come in there?
I'm sorry to offend the owners (if they're reading), but this club needs to be closed down, immediately. Why did the local residents within that area allow this club to open up in the first place?
I encourage everyone who lives near the club to complain to the police about this club and make some sort of petition to get the place shut down. It'll ruin your good time, but so what? It'd be safer than sorry.
Comments or questions? Please share them here or email them to me. I'd like to get a discussion going here.
Gunshots Ring Out On Ridgeway Last Night
Shooting At Lyndale and Campbell
Shooting On Palmer Wednesday Night
Shots Fired Last Night On Harding
Shooting On Gresham Last Night
Shooting at Armitage and Humboldt
Stabbing On Springfield
Early Morning Gunfire In Avondale
Shots fired near Diversey/Kedzie late last night
Avondale erupts in gunfire ... AGAIN
More shots fired in Avondale last night
Shooting on Diversey late last night
Two shootings in Avondale ... IN ONE DAY!!
Shooting at Diversey and Albany last night
Another day, another shooting
Shooting on Diversey and Lawndale
16 yr old shot down in Logan Square
Update, 10/21/09: Apparently, more happened at V Live Club this night than thought. An updated news article reports that there was a beating outside of the club. It is NOT related to the shooting, according to Chicago Police. Four males were arrested and charged with Battery.