Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shots fired near Diversey/Kedzie late last night

An anonymous reader comments ...

"I was woken by approx. 4-5 shots fired early this morning (Thurs) -- 2:40 am.Just East of Kedzie, a couple of blocks North of Diversey. Cops were racing to the area rather quickly."

Oh boy. They're at it again. Sounds like this happened around Wellington and Albany or Troy. This shooting crap needs to be stop. Below is the links to all articles I've done on shots fired in the communites. Not mentioned is the shooting at Mozart and Dickens or other shootings I haven't heard about.

Avondale erupts in gunfire ... AGAIN

More shots fired in Avondale last night

Shooting on Diversey late last night

Two shootings in Avondale ... IN ONE DAY!!

Shooting at Diversey and Albany last night

Another day, another shooting

Shooting on Diversey and Lawndale

16 yr old shot down in Logan Square

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few months ago there was a shooting just west of schubert and harding on schubert. A guy up to someone in their car and shot into the car. The person who got shot was surprisingly calm.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

I remember seeing that incident report on the Chicago Police's CLEAR map system, but I didn't know about it until a while later. I was rathered surprised nobody emailed me about it.

Anonymous said...

I heard these shots fired at Troy and Diversey but I never heard sirens afterwards. Did the police come and check it out?

celtickris said...

@ Anonymous: The police did come out an investigate. A couple squad cars drove through a few minutes afterward, and an investigative unit showed up a few minutes later. I don't know what they found, but at least they came.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

celtickris, when you say investigative units, do you mean detectives or narcotics/gang units?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see this post. I heard these shots on Thursday and called 911 but didn't read about this anywhere in the news (and thought I was going crazy or had imagined it). Heard the same shots again last night around 9:30.... same area.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

As usual, this is not in the news because ... well, honestly, to me, the media doesn't care about what happens in the neighborhoods.

I'm glad you called 911.

More shots fired? This is ridiclous. Something needs to be done about this.