Monday, December 22, 2008

My observations on school

This week has had it's ups and downs.

December 16: On Tuesday, some stuff was happening. Arguments were flaring up all this morning and some people seemed angry. I even heard at one point about a big fight happening later in the day. That turned out to be true, I guess, because there's word that a big fight broke out shortly after noon today. Around 1pm today, I saw that ALL the lockers on the 3rd floor vandalized. They had some sort of purple line of them. Other then that stuff, school was good. We had a Christmas party in my homeroom and I enjoyed it (but it was kind of weird that it was today instead of Friday).

December 17: On Wednesday, it was very insane. From almost the minute I arrived to the minute I left, arguments were ensuing. The biggest argument broke out around 8:45am. Two boys got into a loud argument about some kid who was beat up the day before. One of them was basically screaming he couldn't trust anybody. Everybody was watching. One other kid started talking about another fight that was to happen sometime in the day regarding the situation. I don't know much about the details of it, though. After that, other arguments were breaking here and there. I wouldn't be surprised if small fights broke out from those arguments. In my classroom, there were two birthdays. One for a student and another for a teacher. The party is on Friday, I heard.

December 18: On Thursday, we had a field trip. We went to the Freedom Museum on Michigan near Wacker Drive. It was a nice field trip. We learned about freedom and even got to make our own bill of rights. After we toured the museum, we hopped back on the train to Morse and then we got off there and walked to the McDonald's at Pratt and Clark, where we ate. After that, we went back to school. I'm not too sure if I'll be able to make it school tomorrow on Friday because of the huge snow amounts and ice forecasted, but I will try my very best to head to school.

December 19: On Friday, it was a pretty out of the ordinary day. First, I didn't arrive to school until about 9:10am, because of a very late bus that didn't come for me until like 7:55 or 8:00. Second, things were so calm during school, you'd think you were at another school. I liked the calmness we had. Third, so many people were absent it wasn't funny. In my class, there were only 12 of us, out of the usual 22. In my 3rd period class (Computers), I only counted nine other people in class with me. Finally, everyone was wishing each other a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, so that was nice to see. I wished some people those two things as well. In my class, other then a few worksheets, we basically did nothing besides party and watch a movie, so that was also nice. Well, to my friends and teachers who read this at Sullivan, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! But for those who I don't know, well ... I'll see you January 5, 2009.

- Happy Holidays to all,
SullivanHighSchoolKid


P.S. My next article on school will be on January 6, 2009.

No comments: