Monday, December 29, 2008

Diversey Avenue Is Not Safe

If you think Diversey Avenue is safe, think again. I had to go with my mom around 4:45pm this evening to go find my sister since she wasn't answering her cell phone while at her friend's house near Diversey and Drake. While we were heading there, many chaotic stuff was taking place on the street. First, there were gang members just generally on the street (not that I have a problem with that, if they're not bothering anyone or anything). They were being loud and ... just loud. But then two of them caught my attention when they jumped out at me and my mom. One was running down the street while another one was chasing the first one. My mom got frightened because she wasn't excepting that to happen. We continued to walk to my sister's friend house without any other incidents occurring.

As we were coming back, however, we saw tons of broken glass in front of the store we go to near Diversey and Lawndale. It wasn't there (or at least I didn't see it) when were heading to our destination, so there may have been a fight while we were at our destination. The glass on the ground could've hurt someone. I'm surprised nobody was injuried by this.

As we got back into my house, a gang fight was starting in the alley. Lots of yelling and screaming could be heard in the alley and there were people running into the alley.

So, there you have it, Diversey Avenue is NOT safe, at night anyway. Too many people are outside causing trouble. I really wish the police would do something about this stuff. They know what blocks are problem blocks around here. Especially the 2700 block of N Monticello, 2900 block of N Ridgeway and 3900 block of W Barry.

I advise everyone to be very alert and be careful when you're walking down Diversey at night. Something could always happen. If you have any (more) questions about the incidents, how to be safe, etc., please email me. I will be more than happy to respond.

Thank you for your time,
AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter

Update:
P.S. If anyone's interested, I have added a pic of the flyers I'm going to be putting up around the neighborhood advertising this site. I also added a pic of the sunset from a couple of nights ago for anyone interested at all. Yeah, on the crime flyer pic, I forgot to add www.avondalelogansquare crime.blogspot.com, LOL.

No comments: