Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Traffic Stop And Transport Needed At The CVS On Fullerton

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 12:50pm. It's a cooler day out, and sunny. Beautiful day in Chicago if you ask me. Anyway, this evening, I am heading to a special meeting that I was invited to by the 25th District. It's for all CAPS activists, community leaders and residents of Area 5 (the 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 25th Districts). It starts at 6:30pm but I was advised to get there by 6, so I'll be leaving here at 5, but I'll have my microphone headset set up to record the radio while I'm gone. At this meeting, we'll be meeting with Superintendent Garry McCarthy to discuss crime and disorder issues with him in our communities, and tell him the things we've been attempting to do about it and what not. It sounds like a really good meeting, and I can't wait to go. Also, tomorrow, I'll be taking a nap early in the evening to stay up overnight, mainly because my family (except for me, I don't do movies) will be seeing a movie overnight they've been waiting to see for years, and to monitor the calls. So with all that said, here's crime for this afternoon and evening.

1:07pm - A unit has a traffic stop in the parking lot at the CVS at 3940 W Fullerton. Transport car needed.

1:45pm - There was a call in the area, but I forgot where and the details. Sorry.

2:40 to 3:25pm - Took a nap. Sorry. I'll try to get an archive on this time period.

4:16pm - Beat car 2525 is doing foot patrol on the 2100 block of N Karlov.

4:22pm - Burglar alarm. 37XX W Shakespeare.

4:23pm - Burglar alarm. 3055 N Pulaski.

4:28pm - EMS run. 30XX N Kenneth. 13 yr old bitten by a pit bull.

4:49pm - Beat car 2523 needs an animal bite card from the 4:28pm job. 2525 is heading over.

4:53pm - 1) Disturbance. 38XX W Wabansia. 2) Traffic accident. Kostner and Barry.

6:14pm - Threatening suicide. Wrightwood and Pulaski. 16 yr old girl in an aqua shirt jumped out of her mom's car and is in the street trying to kill herself.

6:23pm - Narcotics. Karlov and Armitage. Selling.

7:10pm - Disturbance. Somewhere on Wellington. Male sitting on the sidewalk, drinking.

7:11pm - Disturbance. 36XX W Wolfram. Men playing ball in the parking lot of the church. They're preventing people from parking there for service.

7:28pm - 1) EMS run. 2991 N Milwaukee. 2) Loud music disturbance. 16XX N Avers.

9:40pm - Traffic accident. 24XX N Pulaski. Car VS motorcycle.

9:42pm - Disturbance. 38XX W North. Ten teens causing a problem on the block.

9:49pm - Shots Fired. Springfield and Diversey.

10:03pm - Burglar report. 28XX N Kildare.

10:04pm - Disturbance. 28XX N Ridgeway. 20 people loitering in front.

10:06pm - There's an unmarked unit here on Ridgeway, conducting a street stop. They've got at least 12 people stopped. They're searching the people and are searching people's lawns.

10:12pm - Shots Fired. 2800 N Springfield.

10:17pm - CPD is gone from Ridgeway. They did a good job. Thank you, guys!

10:29pm - Battery in progress. Armitage and Pulaski. There's a fight at the gas station involving gangbangers.

10:30pm - A slow down is being given on the 10:29pm job. No one's out there.

10:31pm - Assault in progress. Central Park and Armitage. Group chasing a van.

10:36pm - Narcotics. 36XX W Diversey. Teenage males who don't live there are smoking marijuana on the back porch.

10:45pm - 1) Beat car 2521Robert has a bona fide burglary from the 10:03pm job. 2) Person w/ a gun. 19XX N Lawndale. Male Hispanic, heavy set pointed a gun at a man walking down the block. There was a domestic call at this address earlier this afternoon.

10:56pm - Loud music on Monticello somewhere.

11:04pm - Suspicious vehicle. 27XX N Monticello. A vehicle that has been parked there for an hour or so has two occuppants in it. They're either having sex, or doing something.

11:08pm - Disturbance. 3167 N Milwaukee. Male trying to get into the Burger King, but they're closed.

11:14pm - I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow morning. See you all then, and good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Timmy,

I am new to the area and want to get involved in with my new community. I know that I live in district 14 Beat 1413 but I cannot figure out when the CAPS meetings are for my beat. Is there a webpage with a calendar or anything I could use to keep track of the meetings? I look forward to attending my first meeting. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous 1:35:
Timmy regularly posts the schedules for CAPS meetings.I just scrolled down his posts, and here is yours -

1413 - 6:30pm-7:30pm, July 14th @ Logan Square Boys & Girls Club (3228 W. Palmer St.)