* 2916 N. Washtenaw - Problems at Sal Gamboa's residence.
* Campbell and George - Gang presence, drug activity.
* 28XX N. Campbell - Loud disturbances involving a female.
* Algonquin Playlot - Problems with Maniac Latin Disciple gang members congregating and conducting gang and drug activity.
Now, I'll move on to the one new problem:
* Sacramento and George - There's a big problem with squatters trespassing into a vacant building on the southeast corner. Numerous complaints have been made on this building and a bunch of residents living right by the building represented their respective blocks at this meeting. In fact, a group of us met in front of the building, and walked over to the Beat meeting. CPD is definitely working on this building, having put signs on it when the group was at the corner. Phone calls have been made to the owner, and the whole nine yards.
* This meeting was standing room only. There were about 40 to 50 people in attendance, so there was a very large turn-out this time. A lot of the residents were heated/emotional about the Sacramento and George problem, as a majority of them represented the block this building is on. But there was a show of other concerned residents, too.
For this Beat meeting post, I ask for those residents who read the blog but don't come to the meetings (because they don't want to), please, go!
Next meeting: September 7, 2011 at Resurrection Church, 3045 N. Francisco, at 6:30pm.