Saturday, July 9, 2011

Disturbance @ Wellington And Hamlin, Man With A Gun @ Altgeld And Central Park

Good evening, everyone, it's 11:17pm. I've had a fun but really stressful/tiring day. I was a part of coordinating a large block party held on the 2900 block of N Ridgeway (which I'm sure some of you attended), and let me tell you, a block party is no easy thing to organize. But at least it gave me an eye opener into how these things go. But, there was a LARGE turn-out from the community, which is the great part about it. I met some awesome people today and hanged out with the people I already knew from doing community work with. I think the important thing about this party was that the whole block came together like they were brothers and sisters. The bands were great, too. So it was really fun. Anyway, I'll be blogging all day tomorrow, I think. Well, I have nothing else to say for now, so here's crime for a short period of this evening.

11:20pm - Disturbance. Wellington and Hamlin. Six males in front being loud.

11:41pm - Person w/ a gun. Altgeld and Central Park. Male Hispanic with a black shirt and black shorts has a gun and pointed it at the caller.

11:42pm - Burglar alarm. 4301 W Diversey.

11:53pm - Suspicious vehicle. 30XX N Davlin.

2 comments:

bobbo said...

Wellington and Hamlin? Ain't there a bar right there? Seems any place involving liquor is bad news.

Anonymous said...

A block party on the 2900 block of Ridgeway? Did it include the building at 2979? The bums probably ate good too..