* ASPIRA High School (Pulaski and Barry) - There were problems at dismissals with kids congregating, causing trouble, etc.
* Ken-Well Park (2945 N. Kenosha) - People playing basketball there after 9:30pm and being a disturbance. Sgt. Weiglein says CPD has made special attention.
* 3700 W. Diversey - Gang activity. Sgt. Weiglein reports 11 arrests were made in the area and that special attention has been made.
And now to the new problems:
* Danny's Liquor (3018 N. Milwaukee) - This new liquor store is selling liquor to the drunks on Milwaukee, supposedly.
* Your's truly brought up three new problems on Ridgeway.
> This meeting was not short, but it wasn't too long either. Lots of attendees were in good spirits and the meeting went orderly. Lots of discussions took place afterwards between residents of the community.
> A woman assisting the day laborers at Belmont and Milwaukee has informed us that she is going to have them move to Belmont and Kedzie, but only if the community helps her get some things done in regards to this.
> The following events will be happening in 25 for the next month or so:
1) A block club training session will be held in the 25th District on June 18th at 10:00am.
2) A Garden Party at the Community Garden is set for Sunday, June 19th. It starts at 1:00pm.
3) A "Keepin' It Real" presentation will occur in 25 on July 21st at 6:30pm. This presentation will be about burglars telling you how they broke into homes and what you can do to keep your home safe.
> The most incidents took place in the 3900 block of W Barry. The most crimes were battery (35 reported incidents), criminal damage (26 reported incidents), and motor vehicle theft (25 reported incidents). The most incidents took place on Tuesdays and Mondays.
As I do in every Beat meeting post, I extend my thanks to all for being involved in this meeting. Once again, I ask for those residents who read the blog but don't come to the meetings (because they don't want to), please, come! It only takes ONE hour of your time, and we need all of the help we can get.
Next meeting: July 27, 2010 at Copernicus Center (3160 N. Milwaukee) at 6:30PM.