Thursday, May 5, 2011

Backlog In 25

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 3:23pm. Day #1 of Special Olympics was fun, but tiring. And it caused me to be in pain. I have a pulled muscle in my leg, and when I ran today, it made it hurt a lot more. I may have to sit out from tomorrow's activities. We'll see. Anyway, there may be a clean-up on Ridgeway from Milwaukee to Diversey on Saturday, but it depends on the weather. Contact me for more details or if you are interested and would like to help out (believe me, we do need the help). Lastly, I really don't have any community meetings or events to attend to in the next two weeks, but I will be staying after school several days. We're having a talent show, you see, and I'm one of the main organizers of it. So on that note, here's crime for this afternoon and evening.

5:36pm - Backlog in 25 at 17:36 hours.

5:55pm - Parker. 2521 N Ridgeway.

6:12pm - Disturbance. 3028 N Milwaukee. Problem with an intoxicated male.

6:36pm - Parker. 1700 block of N Lawndale. Trucks parked in a residential area.

6:56pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back soon.

7:09pm - I'm back.

8:11pm - Beat car 2525 gets a few things on the 20 sector.

8:15pm - Disturbance. 3620 W Wolfram. Five to six males playing ball in the church parking lot.

9:00pm - I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

5 comments:

bobbo said...

Are these backlogs in 25 due to folks calling the police for things which are not police matters? Or perhaps all cars they have tied up on missions should be used for real police work.

americanlt said...

Heard they might be starting the midnight basketball league. You night not remember but the CHA organized basketball tournaments to help curb violence. Hopefully, it will help because this summer is going to be a violent one.

Anonymous said...

"8:15pm - Disturbance. 3620 W Wolfram. Five to six males playing ball in the church parking lot."


Who ever called this in must have to much time on their hands. I mean come on... would you rather have them shooting up the neighborhood?! Or robbing someone?! Gosh, it wasn't even curfew yet. This is a waste of police manpower, They have bigger fish to fry.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Heaven forbid some boys get outside to play some basketball. Better to be doing something crazy, or even sitting on the couch playing video games, I guess. Let's put a stop to all that healthy physical activity after school, pronto. People who call the cops for piddly things like that should be ticketed. First a warning, then start handing out $500 fines to compensate for the wasted resources.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Probably both, bobbo.

americanlt, I do remember hearing about that. I think that would be a good idea for basketball tournaments to be held to help curb violence.

Anonymous 4:41, it's usually the pastor of the church or someone from the church who calls that call in. It's a regular. They don't like people playing in their parking lot. Hell, I believe they just don't like some people period. I know I don't get along with them. I agree that the call was a waste of manpower.

Anonymous 7:48, agreed.