Monday, April 25, 2011

Six Gunshots Fired On Kedvale

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 4:30pm. Glad to be home from school. It was pretty good but I'm tired. Anyway, I'm monitoring this afternoon and evening from now until 9pm, then tomorrow, I'll be here from when I get home from school around 3:15 until 4. I'm not going to blog after 4 because I have some things I need to take care of, and not to mention I will need a good night's sleep for testing I have most of the day on Wednesday. I will not be live-blogging on Wednesday nor most of the day on Thursday because of the testing. With that, here's crime for this afternoon and evening.

4:41pm - Shots Fired. 2231 N Kedvale. 6 heard.

5:33pm - Beat car 2525 is doing a park check at Koz.

5:55pm - Criminal trespass/damage. 2043 N Keeler. Six males trespassing on the caller's property and destroying the front.

5:58pm - Battery in progress. 2100 block of N Kedvale. Twenty people fighting on the Nixon school playground.

6:05 to 6:40pm - I fell asleep. I'm sorry. I'll try to get an archive on this time period.

6:43pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back.

7:00pm - I'm back.

7:20pm - Gang disturbance. Diversey and Kostner.

7:22pm - Beat 1567Charlie has a high speed chase. Flournoy and Central. Heading west is a blue car wanted for possession of drugs.

7:23pm - 1567C says the car's getting on the Eisenhower Expressway at Central.

7:24pm - The car is probably by Harlem at this point. Chase is over.

7:48pm - Stolen from an auto theft that occurred in the 14th District at Armitage and Francisco is a 1997 gray Toyota Camary with a plate of 6729244. The car was last seen heading towards Richmond on Armitage. This is documented under RD number HT263533. This message is just for info for all officers in 25.

8:08pm - Battery in progress. 4300 W Schubert. Six people fighting.

8:54pm - Assault. 3611 W Wolfram. Caller has been receiving death threats from a woman, and this woman is at the caller's back door now.

9:07pm - The 8:54pm job is now a "Person w/ a knife" call. The woman has a knife.

9:09pm - Parker. On 2524's Beat.

9:11pm - I have to go, so on that note, I'll see you all in the morning. Goodnight, everyone, and be safe.

3 comments:

Terry Funk said...

Hey Timmy, check this out, it looks like the homeless gangs are moving farther west. Alderman Suarez had a town meeting the other week in which he addressed the problem to the citizens in attendance.

A new "Club Gibbons," social club has appeared somewhere on the 5000 block of Barry. Sorry, I forgot the exact address. Here's the scary thing, a few days ago I heard on my scanner that one of the club members had to go to the hospital. Some cops found him in the back yard. Apparently he had a falling out with his other gang members and they beat and raped him over the course of several days.

Doctors had to remove a yellow, children's whiffle bat from the victim's anal cavity. These goofs even spray painted on the back of the poor guy's jean jacket, "Club Gibbons 4 Life!"

Figured you might be interested in this. I've noticed less bums on 23's beat so maybe they have migrated westward. I'm glad if they leave but I hate for them to be a different communities problem. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I think those wagon guys have been moving the homeless off 2523's beat and relocating them to 2514's beat.

Anonymous said...

YES, 2514s beat is horrific! Homeless men & women everywhere. Pissing, drinking, pissing and more drinking. Diversey & Central area is really, really bad. The beat cop (days) is a nice lady, but maybe to nice. Gangs are everywhere. When you call the police, it takes them forever to come. By the time they come the "bangers" have relocated. 2514s beat is definitely a serious problem. A 17 year old was shot in broad daylight Monday at 5pm in the Aldi parking lot (just north of diversey & central). Its out of control.