Good morning, everyone. I attended 1733's CAPS meeting last night. So far, this was my first and only visit to that meeting, though I may go back later this year or next year. The first thing we did at the meeting was go to old problems that came up at February's meeting. Those problems were...
* 3400 block of N. Albany - Drug dealing with fraud going on. The CAPS Sergeant reported that CPD didn't really find anything over there.
* 3322 W. Newport - Graffiti problems; criminal damage. Stops have been made and officers have looked into this situation.
* There were other problems, but they were north of Addison, thus outside of my boundaries for this blog.
Moving onto the new problems:
* 3326 through 28 N. Albany - Rampant drug sales going on in these houses. There are drive-ups, exchanges, etc.
* 3354 N. Albany - Cars being worked on on the street.
* 3200 block of N. Albany - Gang and drug issues. There are drive-ups and rampant drug sales.
* Whipple and Cornelia - Drug sales and bangers constantly congregating and loitering.
* 2800 block of W. Roscoe - There was an incident recently with a group of guys causing a large disturbance.
> The 17th District CPD are hosting a fundraiser for Special Olympics on Friday, May 20th from 5:00AM to 10:00AM. This fundraiser will be held at Addison and Elston in the Dunkin Donuts.
> The most crimes were theft (24 reported incidents), motor vehicle theft (15 reported incidents), and burglary (5 reported incidents).
For this Beat meeting post, I ask for those residents who read the blog but don't come to the meetings (because they don't want to), please, go!
Next meeting: June 9, 2011 at Brands Park (3259 N. Elston) at 7:00PM.