Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Major Theft On Barry, Man Hangs Out Of Window With Gun On Kimball

Good morning, everyone, it's 11:05am. I'm really sorry for being terribly late, but I just woke up. I was intending on getting up at 8 to cover 25, but I guess I needed that sleep. So I do once again apologize. I will be making up for this on Thursday and next week. Today, I'm monitoring 25 from now until 11:15, then I'm switching over to 14 until 6:55pm. At 6:55, I will return with 25 until 8:52, then call it a night. For tomorrow, I would like for all of you to decide what I should monitor. The District with the majority of the requests will be covered, and I ask all of you to please let me know by midnight what you would like to see covered. On Thursday, I'll be doing some monitoring of all three Districts. Thursday will be my last day of blogging until Monday, as I will be going on vacation from blogging. I'm going to really relax before I go back to college on Monday.

11:15am - Switching over to 14, please standby....

11:55am - Theft. 26XX W Barry. There has been a major theft of equipment from this location.

12:00pm - Person w/ a gun. 18XX N Kimball. Male Hispanic with a black shirt is hanging out of the 2nd floor window, swearing at people, and he has a gun. Not sure it's real or fake.

12:12pm - Sex offense. Haas Park. Naked man taking a shower in the sprinklers. Ewww...

1:35pm - Disturbance. 2100 block of N Richmond.

3:28pm - Suspicious vehicle. 30XX N Rockwell. Red car in front with an unknown occupant.

3:50pm - Gang disturbance. Fletcher and Francisco. Group throwing up signs on the corner.

4:03pm - Beat 1461Eddie is on a battery call (didn't hear it come out, though) at Mozart and North Ave. A man in his late 30s was beaten up pretty bad. EMS is on scene. Suspect field north on Mozart towards Wabansia. He's a male Hispanic with a red shirt.

5:31pm - Check the well being. 21XX N Spaulding. Someone at this location hasn't been heard from in a couple of days.

5:38pm - Gang disturbance. Wabansia and Whipple. Group on the corner.

5:41pm - Beat car 1413, the responding unit to the 5:31pm job, is asking for a call back. They want to speak with the person who called.

5:42pm - Dispatch just got off the phone with 1413's caller and said that the caller doesn't live in Chicago, but is able to get to Chicago but won't be coming, and Dispatch told them to come to the city to check on the person on their own.

6:11pm - Traffic accident. Kedzie and Belmont.

6:55pm - I'm back with 25. Done with 14 for today.

7:22pm - 1) Loud music disturbance. 23XX N Ridgeway. 2) Battery in progress. Beilfuss Park. People fighting in the park. 3) Vice complaint. On 2535's Beat. 4) Drag racing. On 2535's Beat.

7:29pm - Beat 2562David gets a "silent" dispatch call.

7:45pm - Battery in progress. 24XX N Lawndale. People fighting. (Note: I went to the CAPS Beat 2524 meeting on Thursday, and this block has been identified as a problematic one. I'll be keeping an eye on this).

8:49pm - Fire. 38XX W Altgeld.

8:52pm - I'm going to go for the night. I'll be back tomorrow. Have a good night, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think monitoring 25th would be great! I would like to know what's happening where I live at in the area !