Friday, July 27, 2012

Traffic Stop @ Belmont/Avers, Male Throwing Trash Cans On Harding

Good morning, everyone, it's 12am. It's a clear night with temps in the lower 70s, and today's supposed to be a sunny day with temps in the upper 80s. I'm monitoring 17 all day today, for 24 hours, from now until midnight tonight. I'll try my very best to stay awake the whole time, and I have a bottle of Mountain Dew on hand to keep me awake. Just to make sure I get enough rest from monitoring all day, I will begin my monitoring tomorrow until 1pm, and I'll be monitoring 25. With that, here's crime for today.

12:08am - Beat car 1732Robert has a traffic stop at Belmont and Avers.

12:23am - Disturbance. 33XX N Harding. Male throwing garbage cans and shouting in the alley.


6:07am - Battery in progress. 35XX N Troy. Black limo just pulled up in front and people got out and started fighting.


7:00am - Battery in progress/gang disturbance. 33XX N Troy. Couple of gangbangers out there, they're fighting.


7:04am - Beat 1730 is giving a slow down on the 7am job. No one's out there. But the citizen just called again, to say that even though they're not fighting, they're still out there.


7:09am - Beat car 1731 is coding out the 7am job as a 5Paul. Just two people arguing, they'll keep it down.


8:05am - Parker. 37XX W Eddy.


8:46am - Animal abuse. 34XX N Troy. Dog's been in the back of a car with minimal ventilation for an hour.


12:05pm - Burglary report. 37XX W Addison.


12:22pm - Beat car 1732 has a bona fide burglary from the 12:05pm job. 1730 is notified. ET will be ordered up and canvass will be done.


12:40pm - Disturbance. 3260 W Belmont. Male in a white shirt is panhandling in the parking lot, closest to the Bank of American.


12:47pm - They're calling back on the 12:05pm job. It sounds like a criminal trespass now, with an evicted tenant on scene.


1:16pm - Burglar alarm. 26XX W Melrose.


1:41pm - Disturbance. 33XX N Harding. Couple of homeless males loitering in the alley.


3:36pm - Information for the CPD. On 1733's Beat.


4:16pm - Traffic accident. California and Addison. Two cars with injures.


4:56pm - Criminal damage. Belmont and Monticello. Something about gangbangers damaging something.


6:58pm - Burglar alarm. 3844 W Belmont. At the bank.


7:29pm - Beat car 1733 is doing a Community Concern somewhere on the Beat.


7:32pm - Disturbance. On 1733's Beat.


7:38pm - I'm going to go eat. I'll be back soon. Finally going on a long awaited break, LOL.


7:50pm - I'm back. Good evening, everyone.


7:51pm - There was a "Person w/ a knife" call around Kimball and Belmont as I was eating. I initially heard it on 14's air as I was going through the channels on my scanner about ten minutes ago, and just now, I heard Beat 1730 mention it. He gave a slow down, along with Beat car 1712.


8:47pm - Beat 1762Charlie was just sent a vice complaint call that's near Belmont and Sacramento.


9:45pm to 10:45pm - I fell asleep. Sorry, guys, but you did get warned that I wouldn't be able to stay up the whole 24 hours. I'll monitor this time period tomorrow.


11:19pm - Disturbance. Whipple and Cornelia. Drunk guys loitering, being loud, etc.


11:52pm - They're calling back on the 11:19pm job.


12:00am - I'm gone for the night. I'll be back at 1pm tomorrow. See you all then. Good night, everyone, and be safe! Lord knows this has been too long of a day for me, so I'm headed straight to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly do you mean by push the crime West? Do you mean towards the black communities?

Big Joe Siminioie said...

No, west is where the good folks live. You see the crime is in between so push it out and away from Yuppieland (14)into 25th districts west end.

Anonymous said...

AK-47 shells were found? Those are military grade weapons for war. This neighborhood is becoming like Falluja or Kabul. Chicago is starting to make the national news for crime this summer & I don't feel as if community involvement is that great of a strategy. We need more TAC cars who use "aggressive enforcement" with these thugs.

Anonymous said...

63Those AK-47 shells are probably fired from weapons brought home by our soldiers who served overseas. Lots of them steal these weapons and bring them back. Soldiers have been doing it for years.