Sunday, July 8, 2012

Four Males Beating Up On One @ Altgeld/Springfield

Good morning, everyone, it's 7:08am. It's a mostly cloudy morning with temps in the mid 70s, and it'll get into the mid 80s with sunshine today. It finally, finally cooled off from the two weeks of this crazy heat wave that we had, and I couldn't be happier. The heat was killing me. I'm hoping all of you are well after the heat. Anyway, this week, I have a couple of community events to attend (finally!). Today there's a Community Garden party at our Community Garden at Milwaukee and Monticello from 3pm to 6pm, and then I have a CAPS Beat meeting in 14 on Thursday I'm attending. Also, tomorrow and Tuesday, I will not be blogging before 4pm, as I'm going to be at Wright College on both days registering for my classes in the fall. I'll be monitoring 25 today. Here's crime.

7:40am - Battery in progress. Altgeld and Springfield. Four males beating up on one.

7:54am - Beat car 2521 has a traffic stop at about 2810 N Pulaski.

8:09am - Parker. On 2524's Beat.

8:12am - Parker. On 2523's Beat.

8:58am - Check the well being. 29XX N Kenneth. 80 year old male has been missing for two days now.

9:31am - Open door. 36XX W Oakdale. Open door and broken window.

9:40am  - Beat car 2523 needs a Polish translator at the 9:31am job.

11:40am - Burglar alarm. 36XX W Palmer.

2:08pm - Backlog in 25 at 14:08 hours.

2:35pm - Battery in progress. 3943 W Diversey. People fighting on the 4th floor.

2:44pm - Person w/ a knife. Pulaski and Diversey. Male chasing another male with a knife.

2:56pm - I'm going to go to the garden party. I'll be back around 6 or so.

4:19pm - I'm back already. Good afternoon, folks.

4:22pm - Municipal ordinance violation. 18XX N Harding. Guys working on cars in the alley.

4:49pm - Traffic accident. 4110 W Armitage. Couple of people hit by a car. EMS en route.

4:53pm - Suspicious vehicle. 41XX W Barry. Male in a blue 4-door car keeps circling the area.

5:16pm - Information for the CPD. 36XX W Diversey.

6:48pm - Loud music disturbance. 18XX N Harding.

7:40pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back soon.

7:55pm - I'm back. Good evening, everyone.

9:02pm - Loud music disturbance. 37XX W Diversey. Music is too loud in the backyard.

9:11pm - Fireworks. 2400 block of N Harding.

10:04pm - Shots Fired. Barry and Lawndale. Six heard.

10:20pm - Battery in progress. 3000 block of N Milwaukee. Large group of gangbangers fighting between Hamlin and Ridgeway.

10:48pm - Fireworks. On 2525's Beat.

11:15pm - I'm going to go for the night. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. Good night, everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Folks usually get beat up for talking trash.

Anthony Abbate said...

Why are the police driving around with their windows rolled up? Didn't they ever see the movie Training Day? Maybe they should get outta their cars a bit & integrate themselves into the community???

Anonymous said...

Hey mr abbate I take offense to this. The police work very hard and need the a/c to keep cool on hot summer days due to their equipment. Training day was a good movie, they should shot the drug dealers, and drive their cars like they are stolen. I know this very well when I was a special forces in the city of Chicago. It's hard being a player! Timmy your a great kid doing and honor to this great city of an arm pit. You need to keep the good fight Timmy. Also what's up with the gang bangers shooting at people yesterday I heard they were cobras from the cobra command center?

Jerry finnigan

Anonymous said...

Get out of their cars and walk around? Man, its hot outside those cops are too out of shape to get into the heat. I don't want to smell a sweaty cop at the gas station or resturant either.

Anthony Abbate said...

The TAC guys seem to be in shape! I guess they have to because they always seem to be flirting with the ladies. I like the ones with hats on backwards.

Anonymous said...

Timmy why don't you join the police department . Sgt Helprin will help you out since him and surez are tight. Then you can be the real police. Like the cool tac guys who wear cool vests and water guns. Then you can get your own backwards baseball cap. . We need more retards on the job look at the the tac teams.

Dallas Tyler

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Not all the time, anonymous 9:31.

Anonymous 12:01, I agree, and thanks. As far as the Cobras from the Command Center, where is that at?

Anonymous 12:57, I'm not retarded, if that's where you're getting at. What kind of retard could help organize a mass roll call with a big community presence? I doubt you could pull that off for some reason. Also, I do plan on working for CPD, but not as a sworn officer. I want to work as a citizen employee. Certainly don't want to do what these cops have to do. And FYI, I don't wear baseball caps and I don't plan on it either. That's one of the quickest things in this neighborhood that'll get you shot or beaten up by the gangs.