Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pre-Independence Day (July 3rd) Coverage, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 2pm. It's a hot and mostly cloudy afternoon with temps in the 90s. It's supposed to near 100 today. We're in a heat wave, folks. The joys of summer, I guess. Well, today, I will be doing my, what I call, "pre"-Independence Day coverage, which is today, the day before the 4th. It's an unusual schedule of coverage, since I will be blogging on my other blog as well to cover what's going on citywide in terms of crime. I'm starting out my coverage here in our neighborhood with 25, until 3pm, and then I'll switch over to 14 for an hour. At 4, I'm switching to 17, until 5. From 5 to 7:30, I'll be taking a break, and then at 7:30, I'll be here again with 25, until 8, at which time I'll be gone again until 10:30. When I come back at 10:30, I'll be monitoring 14 until 11. At 11, I'll be gone again, until 11:30. When I come back at 11:30, I'll be monitoring 17 until midnight. With this long explanation of my coverage schedule, here's crime for portions of this afternoon and evening.

2:54pm - Open hydrant. 3700 W Palmer.

2:55pm - Open hydrant. Armitage and Monticello.

3:00pm - Here I am with 14.


3:10pm - Criminal damage. 2111 W Fullerton.


3:13pm - Disturbance. Holestin Park. Two males loitering in the locker room, caller is afraid because their locker's been broken into before.


3:14pm - 1) Narcotics. 16XX N Washtenaw. 2) Narcotics. 28XX N Sawyer. Gangbangers smoking drugs in the garage. 3) Gang disturbance. Rockwell and Wabansia. They're loitering on the corner. 4) Parker. 18XX W Webster. 5) Parker. 29XX N Sacramento. Two cars illegally parked.

3:18pm - EMS run. 3205 W Armitage. 55 year old man down on the ground.


3:23pm - Information for the CPD. Bloomingdale and Western. Male Black, 18 years old, afro, blue shirt and dark shorts just tried to steal the caller's backpack. Caller doesn't want CPD, they just wanted to let the officers know. The young man was last seen running towards Artesian.


3:36pm - A unit is doing a CTA check at the Logan Square Blue Line station. Event number is 11479.


3:49pm - 1) Theft report. 3506 W Armitage. Caller had their money taken. 2) Disturbance. 1656 N Western. 3) Disturbance. Kimball and Belmont. Man dancing in the middle of the street and causing a ruckus.


4:00pm - I'm now here with 17.


4:24pm - EMS run. Addison and California. Male passed out on the corner.


4:51pm - Reckless driver. California and Belmont.


5:00pm - Alright, folks, I'm gone until 7:30. I'll see you all then.


7:30pm - I'm back with 25. Good evening, folks.


7:49pm - 1) Theft. 20XX N Avers. 2) Disturbance. 3700 W Palmer. 3) Fireworks. Armitage and Lawndale.

8:00pm - I'm gone until 10:30. I'll see you all then.

10:30pm - I'm back, with 14.

10:31pm - Burglary in progress. 23XX N Leavitt. Male's trying to break into the caller's apartment.


10:33pm - Fireworks. 25XX W Charleston.


10:37pm - Shots Fired. 21XX N Sawyer. Six shots heard.


10:44pm through 10:55pm - Numerous fireworks complaints. There was one on Lyndale.


11:00pm - I'm going to go until 11:30. At that time, I'll be back with 17.

11:30pm - I'm back.


12:00am - I'm going to go until tomorrow. Good night, everyone. I'll be back in the afternoon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it people that dwell in the ghetto parts of town like to wallow about under a hydrant in the street? Nobody got a pool or sprinkler hose? Or water sprayer at the local park district?

Anonymous said...

I think that is a rude comment define ghetto. Some of us do the best we can at with what we got. i am a single white 36 yr old mother of 2 kids raising them by myself by fullerton and pulaski they turn on the hydrants all the time i let my kids play so keep the ghetto termout of it ok.

Anonymous said...

shut up!

Anthony Abbate said...

July 3-4 are typically the most violent day in Chicago of the year. With this heat wave I fear it's going to be bad.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, wallow in the street. Ever look at all the garbage in the street before you roll in that dirty water? Its got to be a ghetto thing...

Anonymous said...

Keep your kids out of the hydrants. It is outright illegal to do this and it could potentially hurt the firefighters if they need to use it to put out the fires. Not to mention it can very easily flood the discharge sewer piping and back up into homeowners basements. If you are that poor that you can't afford a $12.00 kid pool or $15.00 hose then stop buying the booze for a bit.

Anthony Abbate said...

Chicago now has more homocides than Afganistan.What is the answer? More CAPS meeting? National Guard? A 7yr old was killed running a lemonade stand!

Anonymous said...

Kill them all let god sort them out

Keith Herrera