Saturday, July 21, 2012

Loud Group On Parker, Gang Disturbance On Schubert

Good morning, everyone, it's 12am. It's a clear night with temps in the lower 70s. Today will be sunny with temps around 90. Warm, but yeah, it's mid-summer (late July). Anyway, I know I didn't mention this yesterday, but my heart goes out to the victims involved in that massacre in Colorado yesterday, and they are in my thoughts and prayers. I encourage all of you to spend some extra time with your family, and I encourage all of you to be extra cautious these next few days. Such a tragedy that that happened :(. America, we need to pray for our country. That's all I'm going to say on that. I'm monitoring 25 today. Here's crime.

12:06am - 1) Disturbance. 43XX W Parker. Group on the street, loud music. 2) Gang disturbance. 4300 block of W Schubert. They're in a van, need to be dispersed. 3) Loud music disturbance. On 2525Robert's Beat.

12:08am - I'm going to go until the morning. I'll be back in the morning. Good night, everyone, and be safe!

8:49am - I'm back. Good morning, everyone.

9:23am - Criminal damage report. 24XX N Lowell. Someone broke out the caller's window.

10:54am - There's two small dogs running around the area of Deming and Kilbourn, running into traffic and what not, per Beat car 2521. This is just FYI.

10:59am - Criminal damage report. On 2523's Beat. No address given, but it's near Ridgeway and Oakdale, because Dispatch just told 2523 that there were calls of "Shots Fired" at Ridgeway/Oakdale around 5am this morning.

11:32am - Fire. Wrightwood and Central Park. Building, two people still in there.

11:37am - Beat car 2535 is on the scene at the 11:32am job. It's bona fide. Traffic control needed.

12:13pm - Suspicious person. 23XX N Monticello.

12:15pm - I'm getting off my computer for a while. I'm not having a good day and I just need some time to myself.

12:44pm - I'm back. I might go again sometime this afternoon because I don't feel all that much better.

1:27pm - They're calling back on the 12:13pm job.

3:09pm - Loud music disturbance. 1800 block of N Harding.

3:50pm - Again, I'm going to go for a little bit.

4:10pm - I'm back. I feel a LOT better now :).

5:32pm - Some call in the area.

6:13pm - Loud music disturbance. 29XX N Springfield.

6:26pm - Some call on Lawndale, on 2524's Beat.

8:04pm - Loud music disturbance. 2472 (I think they meant 27XX) N Monticello. Gangbangers having a loud party in the backyard.

8:34pm - Battery. 25XX N Keeler. Several males beat up the caller's son in a fight and there was a crowd cheering them on.

8:53pm - Shots Fired. 25XX N Lawndale.

9:28pm - Battery in progress. 28XX N Springfield. Neighbors fighting.

9:56pm - Shots Fired. Wrightwood/Central Park. Several heard in the area.

10:01pm - Shots Fired. Lawndale and McLean. Six shots heard.

10:38pm - Shots Fired. 29XX N Ridgeway. Five heard.

10:58pm - Shots Fired. 26XX N Monticello. Several heard, gangbangers loitering outside.

12:00am - I'm going to go for the night. I'll be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

6 comments:

Alex P. Keaton said...

I have an extra radio shack police scanner that I would be willing to sell for $80. 400channel and 3yrs old.

Anonymous said...

The shots fired were this morning around 2:30a. Bullets went through the property's front window on the ground level. Unless there was another shots fired a few hours later. That wouldn't surprise me.

Anonymous said...

Timmy, there were shots fired on Oakdale, just a few yards from the intersection of Ridgeway at about 1:00 am. That was 10-11 rounds. One round went through a parked car, two rounds went through the building on the corner just below the 1st floor apartment and one round stuck someone in a vehicle in the intersection and that person drove himself to the hospital so there was never any crime scene. The Deuces from 2963 N. Ridgeway were responsible for that mayhem and then it just escalated from there. There were more shots fired,one sounded like a shotgun blast, at 2913 and 2915 N. Ridgeway. The Deueces from 2963 N Ridgeway have ties to 2913 and 2915. Appears that they are at war with the Cobras, the Maniac Latin Disciples and the Latin Kings from Monticello and Barry. The shooting continued until 3:30-4:00 am. Something needs to be done and we need a presence at the alderman's office on both open ward night as well as the next beat meeting! I saw them running SB on Ridgeway from Oakdale after the shooting but it took the Beat car, 2523R 20-25 minutes to respond so by that time they were gone. The midnight beat car had no clue and these gangbangers were able to continue this behavior all night! Nice job 25th District and thanks for the quick response. Timmy, is 2523's beat meeting this Wednesday? We need a showing from the entire neighborhood! We should receive the same police service as the ghetto west side or for that matter more, since we actual pay taxes here and don't live for free off the government!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 2:58, thank you for the information.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 8:54, yes, our Beat meeting is on Wednesday, and I agree, ALL of you folks who live on the 2900 block of Ridgeway and 3600 W Oakdale NEED to be at this meeting. They were talking about changing the meeting location for this month's meeting and all other future meetings, but I haven't heard anything about this month's, so I assume it's still at Copernicus over on Milwaukee Ave. It starts at 6:30pm. We need a large showing that night, and not to criticize the CPD, but to inform the rest of the neighborhood what's going on and work towards solutions.

Thank you for that information on where they live, but I'm kinda surprised about 2913. I don't know, but I didn't think they lived there. I knew about 2915 for sure, though, and actually have seen some REAL sketchy activity over there in the last month or so. And 2963, too, although I think the real address on that one is 2961, because I've seen gang activity at 2961 and haven't seen anything at 2963.

I can't believe what's going on over there on those two blocks. It's never been that violent over there, but now I see why my block's quiet, because it's all moved up north. But I agree, something really needs to be done, and I REALLY think it's time for a block club on Ridgeway so all of us can come together as neighbors and discuss what we're going to do as a community. I'm really disgusted by the amount of violence I've heard about over there. This area cannot, CANNOT, afford anymore apathy from the neighbors. Enough is enough. The violence has to stop.

Thank you for the information again. I appreciate it. Do you mind if I share this with the CAPS Sergeant from the 25th and make a post on it? This is information I believe the whole neighborhood needs to know about. Oh, and also, where there shots fired last night again? I heard one call around 10:30 or 10:45.

Anonymous said...

Timmy, please feel free to share the information with the Caps Sgt. You're absolutely right, that there have never been these kinds of problems down here. One of those gangbangers, either at 2913 or 2915 has an ankle monitor and should be on house arrest. Most of the time they are out between 1:30 and 4:30 am. They are drunk, fighting, screaming and shooting!

As far as the shots fired last night, I wasn't home at the time of the call and so far have not heard anything from any of the neighbors today. There were fireworks going off earlier in the night so maybe someone just assumed they were shots again because of all the activity the prior night.
Timmy, 2963 is the problem house, not 2961. They just like to hang out in front of 2961 because that way if someone shoots at them the rounds go through someone else's house and not theirs!