Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Selling At Dickens And Lawndale

Good morning, everyone, it's 12am. It's a pretty warm night with temps in the mid 70s, and it's clear. Today's going to be another sunny day with temps in the mid 80s. Nice weather compared to last week. Today, I'm monitoring 25 from now until the first call comes out, then I'm obviously going to bed, and then I'll be back either in the morning or at 4pm in the afternoon. I have to run up to Wright College to take care of some things, so I'll be gone for a couple of hours. Here's crime for today.

12:40am - Narcotics. Dickens and Lawndale. Selling.

12:41am - I'm going to go. I'll be back in the morning, or at 4pm. See you all then, and good night :).

7:25am - I'm back. Good morning, everyone.

8:32am - I have to go. I'll be back later. I hope everyone has a great day!

4:40pm - I'm back. Good afternoon, everyone.

4:49pm - Some call on 2525's Beat.

5:26pm - Traffic accident. On 2523's Beat.

6:45pm - I have to go eat dinner. I'll be back soon.

7:02pm - I'm back. Good evening, everyone.

7:31pm - Gang disturbance. Lawndale and Diversey.

7:40pm - Beat car 2523 is dispersing a group of bums as part of a "Community Concern" at 3172 N Milwaukee Ave.

9:01pm - Disturbance. On 2523's Beat.

10:55pm - I have to go for the night. I'll be back in the morning. Good night, everyone.

5 comments:

Jane Fonda said...

An AK-47 shell?!!! What is this city Vietnam or something? I guess Chicago is a "war torn" city of it's own.

Mary LaNett said...

I just hope upon Obama's re-election he'll sign the UN treaty on Civilian firearms owership. We've just got to get these guns off the street. End the violence.

Anonymous said...

I have spoken at CAPS meetings and to beat officers about this specific house SEVERAL times. Each time, different officers say something along the lines of...
'If we remove the bad element from this house on this intersection, there will be a turf war and you don't want that.'
Great.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 1:09, is this the Diversey/Lawndale one? If so, there's already a turf war starting over there, so I'm not sure what those officers are talking about. Kinda sounds like to me those particular officers don't want to do their job. They must be waiting for a citizen to get seriously hurt or killed to do something. So I take it we're supposed to let them loiter all over that corner and have gang fights every single day? I'm sorry, but quite frankly I'm getting fed up with CPD not wanting to do anything about that corner building.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any info about the shots fired on 1800 block N Washtenaw? Heard that shots were fired into a house, police checking up on bloomingdale trail now.