Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two-Man Fight @ George and Hamlin

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 3:26pm. I'm glad to be home. I'm tired and haven't had too good of a day. Glad tomorrow is Friday. Anyway, it's cold out right now, but it's going to be COLD tonight. They're taking below zero this evening and tomorrow morning. Which is just great for me (sarcasm), because I have a meeting tomorrow after school, at school. God, I really hope tonight and tomorrow goes by quick because of the cold, and I hope it starts warming up next month. Lastly, before I let all of you read about crime going on in our community, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be monitoring the Lakeview neighborhood on Saturday. Starting this Saturday, I will be monitoring various neighborhoods on Saturdays. Right now, it looks as if that will be bi-weekly, as I can't forget to monitor 14 and 17. So, here's crime for this afternoon and evening.

3:27pm - Battery in progress. George and Hamlin. Two males got out of a car and started fighting.

3:31pm - A slow down is being given.

3:59pm - Battery in progress. Lawndale and Armitage. Group of males beating on a female.

4:36pm - Battery. 3651 W Schubert. At Monroe School. Group of kids attacked another kid at dismissal. This call's been pending since about 3:15.

5:20pm - Burglar report. 3806 W Belden.

5:27pm - For those of you who live between Ridgeway and Central Park, Milwaukee to Diversey, can you e-mail me please? I'd like to ask a couple of questions. My e-mail is weatherboy58@hotmail.com. Thanks!

5:30pm - Robbery. 30X2 N Haussen. Caller had their purse stolen by a male Black in a brown hoodie who fled towards Wellington on Haussen. I'm not putting the address because it's kind of personal to me.

5:49pm - Polish speaker needed on the 5:30pm job.

6:06pm - I need to work on some other stuff for the remainder of the evening, so with that, goodnight and I'll be back tomorrow evening at this time. See you all then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to ask, what does a "slow down" mean?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

A slow down is when officers responding to a serious call (like the fight at George and Hamlin) arrive on scene and tell any other responding officers not to come as fast because they don't see/hear anything.

Anonymous said...

Guys fight, so whats the big deal?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

It was probably gang-related, too, anonymous 8:57. We don't want that shit in our neighborhood.