Monday, January 17, 2011

Pit Bull Loose In The Area Of Lawndale and Wabansia

Good morning, everyone, it's 9:46am. Snowy and cold morning we have out there. Well, I'm home because today's a holiday. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, to be exact. All CPS schools are closed. Anyway, I'm going to monitor until 1pm, then I have to go across town to run some errands, and then when I get back, I'll be preparing myself for the Avondale Neighborhood Association meeting tonight at 7, at St. Hyacinth's Church (in Resurrection Hall). Relating to this, I had previously said that my week was going to be busy. Well, not really now. The block club meeting I was supposed to go to on Thursday is canceled. So all I have this week besides tonight, other than school, is a Student Government meeting on Friday (which I stay after school for) and a breakfast event on Saturday I've been invited to as a part of CAPS. So, here's crime for this morning and early afternoon.

9:47am - Vicious animal. Lawndale and Wabansia. Pit bull on the loose.

9:51am - Disturbance. 3719 W Armitage. Problem with the workers at the auto shop.

10:12am - Person wanted. 3801 W Belmont. A man who is wanted is at the Dunkin Donuts right now.

10:45am - Parker. 3642 W Shakespeare.

11:14am - Burglary. 3658 W Diversey. Caller came home and found their door bolted in from the inside.

11:22am - A slow down is being given on the 11:14am job.

12:04pm - Burglar alarm. 3651 W Schubert. At Monroe School. Front door motion.

12:50pm - Parker. 3727 W Lyndale. Green car blocking the caller's car.

1:00pm - I'm going to go. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Goodnight, everyone.

2 comments:

Sgt. Benderski said...

So call the dog catcher. The police can't do anything about loose dogs except write the dog owner a ticket.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

That's probably why they were called, Sarge. The caller probably wanted the owner, if found, to get a ticket. At least, that's the only reason I would call for loose dogs.