Monday, January 18, 2010

Commerical Alarm On Elston

Good morning, everyone, it's 7:42am. I'm monitoring 14 until 9:30am, then I'll turn the radio back to 25 until 2:44pm, then I'll monitor 14 again from then until 3:05pm, then I'm taking a break until 5:49pm. After that, I'll return with 25 until 6:47pm. Today is supposed to be in the 30s under cloudy conditions. I hope that maybe the temps and the colds may keep crime down on MLK day. It needs to be peaceful on a day like this. Also, I may fall asleep on some occassions today. I've only had 3 hours of sleep (I couldn't sleep last night). So, here's crime for today.

8:11am - Commerical alarm. 2001 N Elston. Self storage.

9:05am - Beat car 1412 is doing something at Belden and Kimball.

9:17am - Beat 1406Henry has a traffic stop at 2731 N Elston.

9:22am - Assist the citizen. 3107 N Elston. Complainant needs help getting their car.

9:25am - 1) Beat 1406H is going into 14 with a TBD. 2) Parker. 1645 N Claremont. Tow zone.

9:30am - Switched over to Zone 12 until 2:44pm.

9:38am - Beat 2572 is doing a park check at Koz.

9:59am - Suspicious person. 2906 N Pulaski. Female White, 20s, red/white/blue striped jacket standing in front of the business.

10:16am - Beat 2580Eddie says that they're taking in one into 25 from 3050 N Pulaski. They pull an RD number for a "1506". It's HS125627 with the event number of 04682.

10:19am - Traffic accident. 3140 N Lawndale. Hit and run. Car was hit overnight.

10:43am - Parker. On 2523's Beat.

11:41am - Domestic disturbance. 3912 W Wrightwood. Dispute over child custody.

11:56am - A unit is doing a well being check at 2438 N Avers.

12:58pm - Beat car 2524 tells Dispatch that there's a group of kids from Kelvyn Park High School selling hot chocolate at the corner of Fullerton and Kostner. He advises special attention for that corner.

1:30pm - A squad car speeds eastbound on Diversey from Ridgeway with lights and sirens. What's going on?

2:44pm - Switched to Zone 3 until 3:05pm.

2:48pm - Suspicious vehicle. 2222 W Medill. Complainant who does not want to leave their name nor speak to the cops says that there's a grey van with a plate of G327212 parked in front of their house. It's been there since about 1pm. Caller is worried since they're having problems with the ex.

2:49pm - Domestic disturbance. 3109 W Diversey. Child's father refuses to leave.

2:51pm - Commerical alarm. 1701 N Miwaukee. At the Bucktown Library. Interior motion.

2:54pm - Beat 1406H asks for two things. First, they want an event number for a park check at Simons, and two, they want an event number for the DOC. Event number for Simons is 09579, and the event number for the DOC is 09583.

3:01pm - Car alarm. Allen and Milwaukee. Everytime traffic goes by, it causes the alarm in a black car with a soft top parked over there to go off.

3:02pm - Suspicious person. 2800 block of N Troy. Male White, black hat, white hoodie and black jacket is heading south towards Diversey, checking out the cars. About a half minute later, Beat 1484 says he may have the guy stopped.

3:05pm - 1484 is running a name over there. With that, I'm gone with 14 until tomorrow, and I'll be back with 25 at 5:49pm.

5:49pm - I'm back, and I got something to say. I haven't really thought about this until now. I only started thinking about when my dad said this. I think that you, the reader, should donate blood or money for the survivors of the earthquake in Haiti. There are a lot of us out there who can help, such as yourself. If everybody who can would do this, and bring two friends with them, we can all feel good about doing our part and provide a gift that is badly needed. My mom and I are donating some money. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with the Haitian people, and you, if you have family or friends in Haiti. The earthquake in Haiti is truly a tragedy, but with our help, the people of Haiti can get back on their feet.

5:59pm - Beat 2566Adam is taking one into 25 from Kedvale and Palmer.

6:26pm - Gang disturbance. 3130 N Monticello. They're loitering.

6:47pm - I'm gone for the night. I'll be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone :).

3 comments:

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

I'm sure some of you see that I leave "announcements" on EveryBlock regarding actual crimes occurring. Well, I'm not doing it anymore as of now. They keep removing my posts because of their stupid "violations". If that's how they want to be, screw them. If people want to know what's going in these two neighborhoods so bad, they can come over here to the blog.

Anonymous said...

It will make less work for you, anyway. Thanks for blogging.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

No problem for blogging. And yes, less work. Which is a good thing. I already do lots of work.