Good evening, everyone. I attended 1434's CAPS meeting on Wednesday (sorry for the delayed post). This was my first and only visit to that meeting. The first thing we did at the meeting was introduce ourselves, than we went to old problems that came up at April's meeting. Those problems were...
* Home break-ins.
* Prostitution on the 1800 and 1900 blocks of W North Ave.
* Tagging and graffiti.
* Gang activity.
Moving onto the new problems:
* Late night activity from bars and clubs at the intersection of North/Milwaukee/Damen. The intersection turns into a "Mardi Gras". There is "unbelievable" crowds with real bad behavior, and there are major traffic issues.
* 20XX W. Armitage - Gangbangers hanging out in the garage, reckless behavior.
* Illegal parking.
* This meeting had a pretty good amount of residents in attendance (6 to 10 people). This group seems to be involved and they seem to care about their community.
* The most common crimes on Beat 1434 were theft (51 reported incidents), burglary (16 reported incidents), and motor vehicle theft (16 reported incidents).
For this Beat meeting post, I ask for those residents who read the blog but don't come to the meetings (because they don't want to), please, go!
Next meeting: August 17th, 2011 at the Bucktown-Wicker Park Library (2nd floor, Community Room) at 6:30PM.