Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rear Loitering On McLean

Good morning, everyone, it's 12am. It's a pretty cold (for June) and cloudy night. It's currently in the lower 50s. Today, it's supposed to get into the mid 60s. Anyway, this upcoming week, I don't have any community meetings or school-related events to attend. This will be a quiet week for me, and rightfully so. My 18th birthday is on Tuesday, so I won't be blogging that day. I'll be celebrating :). I have nothing more to say, so here's crime for today.

12:03am - Disturbance. 37XX W McLean. Five male Blacks loitering in the rear.

12:09am - I'm going to go. Good night to all and be safe.

9:27am - I'm back. Good morning.

11:08am - Some call on 2525's Beat.

11:10am - Backlog in 25 at 11:10 hours.

11:14am - Burglar report. 23XX N Harding.

12:58pm - Loud music disturbance. 23XX N Kedvale.

1:10pm - Disturbance. 3753 W Fullerton.

3:00pm - 1) Found person. 3607 W Fullerton. At the Tony's. 2) Disturbance. Pulaski and Wellington.

3:08pm - Municipal ordinance violation. 18XX N Pulaski. Mechanic working on a car in the alley.

3:31pm - The Pulaski and Wellington job is coded.

3:47pm - Disturbance. George and Springfield. Male in a blue car won't move his car.

4:27pm - Loud music disturbance. 16XX N Avers.

5:22pm - Burglary in progress. 29X4 N Kildare. Male Black in front of a house with a poster in it, trying to break in with a crowbar. He says he lives there, though.

6:56pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back soon.

7:12pm - I'm back.

7:29pm - Person w/ a gun. 20XX N Karlov. Man with gun keeps going in and out of gate, eyeing on two other Hispanics on the street. He is wearing jeans, black sweater over a baby blue shirt, and has short hair. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call for me while I napped.

8:39pm - Battery in progress. Milwaukee and Central Park. Three drunk fighting in the street. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call for me while I napped.

9:24pm - DUI driver. Belmont and Milwaukee. Male White, 50s, is driving a white Chevy with a plate of 4200893 and he rammed into the back of a car. He started to get out but got back in. He's heavily intoxicated.

9:30pm - Auto theft. 3940 W Fullerton. At the CVS. Two people stole a car from the parking lot.

9:46pm - Shots Fired. 2000 block of N Keeler. Caller heard a disturbance in the area then 3 gunshots.

9:50pm - Beat 2548 is coding out the shots fired. Nothing has been heard or seen.

10:00pm - Loud music disturbance. 20XX N Hamlin.

10:24pm - Explosion. 5100 W Bloomingdale. Per the off-duty P.O., an explosion was heard in the area.

10:26pm - Backlog in 25 at 22:26 hours. A lot of units are on a possible homicide in the area of Potomac and Kildare.

10:29pm - Shots Fired. Springfield and Wrightwood.

10:30pm - 1) Shots Fired. 38XX W Altgeld. 2) There is a power outage in the area of the 10:24pm job. The 1800 block of N. LeClaire, the east side, is affected. Power will be restored at around 1am. With that, back to our coverage area.

10:34pm - Citizens are saying the gunshots around Wrightwood and Springfield are actually fireworks.

10:37pm - Beat car 2531 is on a traffic stop at Pulaski and Fullerton.

10:40pm - Disturbance. 37XX W Lyndale. People loitering and playing loud music.

10:48pm - Beat car 2525Robert gets some stuff on 2523's Beat.

10:56pm - 1) Battery. 3959 W Fullerton. Male was punched in the face and may be bleeding. EMS en route. 2) Disturbances. On 2523's Beat.

11:16pm - Suspicious vehicle. 2900 N Kenneth.

11:44pm - Loud music disturbances at 28XX N Hamlin and 30XX N Central Park.

5 comments:

americanlt said...

Any big plans for your 18th birthday? You can now legally buy cigarettes and go to the famous "Admiral Theatre" for entertainment. The police are everywhere downtown this past week. I spoke to one outside my office and he assured me that these "mob attacks" are going to stop. I hope he's right.

Anonymous said...

do you use a radio scanner or is there a site online where one can listen to the channels you use?

ProdigalOne said...

Anonymous 5:29, Although I have a scanner and sometimes use it, I generally go to www.radioreference.com which broadcasts both live scanning and archives. Although you can't access all the police zones there, you can access zone 1 and zone 12 (25 and 17). They do charge a subscription fee for archival access, but it isn't very expensive.

bobbo said...

Loitering is not a crime.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

americanlt, no, I don't have any big plans. I'll be going to Navy Pier with my class and my family is taking me out to dinner, but that's about it.

Anonymous 5:29, ProdigalOne is right in what she said.

bobbo, yes, loitering isn't a crime, but most people who loiter are just somewhere to create crime and disorder, especially if they are gang members, so therefore CPD encourages calls on loiterers.