Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gangbangin' At Lawndale and Fullerton

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 4:01pm. Today was a pretty exciting day. I went to Roosevelt university with my Journalism class for two seminars then to the cultural center for an awards ceremony for the high school newspapers. We only won two, and I didn't win one. In fact, the judges condemned me for not covering the CAPS Beat meetings up where I go to school at. I can't do that, I'm not allowed to go back near the school after I leave there. But oh well. Here's crime for a couple of hours.

4:12pm - Gang disturbance. Fullerton and Lawndale.

4:37 to 5:30pm - Ugh. I fell asleep. I have to stop doing this...

5:59pm - Check the well being. 2137 N Lawndale. Caller is "very afraid" to tell the call taker who's in jail. It might be a mental calling.

6:12pm - Domestic disturbance. 2933 N Hamlin. Problem with the intoxicated sister.

6:32pm - Beat 2545 is asking for a call back on the 6:12pm job. The caller is now insisting that it's 2943, not 2933. They don't appear to understand what Dispatch said to them.

6:35pm - A Polish speaker is being requested on the 6:12pm job. 2522 will go.

7:01pm - Beat 2545 is on a street stop at 3840 W Diversey. They get a job afterwards.

7:14pm - Gang disturbance. Kelvyn Park. They're flashing signs.

7:15pm - Battery in progress. Milwaukee and Hamlin. Behind the Bristol, there's 10 males beating on one.

7:26pm - Domestic disturbance. Schubert and Lawndale. The 13 yr old missing daughter was just seen with her boyfriend.

7:28pm - The wagon is needed at the 7:15pm job. Not sure why.

7:50pm - Parker. 2500 block of N Ridgeway.

8:00pm - Check the well being. 2710 N Monticello. Someone's in the garbage can.

8:01pm - I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone :).

No comments: