Friday, June 1, 2012

Burglar Alarm On Karlov, Disturbance @ Fullerton Hotel

Good morning, everyone, it's 12am. It's a cold night out there with temps only in the upper 40s, and this is for early June. Not usual. Today's going to be pretty rainy with temps in the lower 60s. It's going to warm up this weekend, though. Anyway, today begins June, and that begins my summer edition of monitoring crime in our neighborhood. Starting now, June 1st, until September 1st, as I do every year, I will attempt to log crimes everyday, all day during the summer, as this three month period tends to be the most active in our neighborhood, and in Chicago in general. But it is certainly not guaranteed, especially for this month and the month of August. This month, I am making final preparations for my high school graduation (which is next Friday, by the way), and then I have to make several visits to Wright College for various reasons before I start classes there in mid August. And tonight's a big night for me. I'll be going to my high school prom this evening. But back to the subject at hand, a couple of things will be changing on this blog. For one, every year during the summer, I used to monitor 14 twice a month, but that will no longer be the case. I will now be doing this for 17,   as there's been a big uptick in violence in 17 the last few months, and I've seen somewhat of a decrease in 14. But 14 will still have once a month monitoring as always. And two, this is for all of you commenters, especially the trolls. I will no longer be publishing just anyone's comments beginning now. In order for your comments to go through, they must be about the neighborhood and must not be disrespecting other commenters and calling them names. And I certainly will not publish anymore troll comments. We're all adults here, so we can act like it. Sorry for this long entry to the post, just had to explain some things. With that, here's crime for this morning, until 6:15am.

12:24am - Burglar alarm. 21XX N Karlov.

1:19am - Disturbance. 3919 W Fullerton. At the hotel. Neighbor causing problems in one of the apartments.

2:30am to 3:20am - I fell asleep. I'll try to get an archive of this time period.

6:15am - I'm going to go, and with that, I'll see you all on Sunday. Have a great start to the weekend, folks!

5 comments:

Sgt. Benderski 017 said...

Its time to prohibit minorities from owning firearms. They are the ones who missuse them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Timmy, while I am an avid reader of your blog and appreciate what you do for our community. I have to disagree with you on your comment about going to CPD. While I think some of the people on this blog post ignorant comments. There is no crime against being ignorant. The world is full of ignorant people and some have chosen to post in this blog. If being and ignorant fool was against the law. Half the worlds population would be in jail.. Just my opinion, keep up the good work.

Linda said...

Congrats on graduating High School and getting to go to college Timmy! I'll be sad to see the 2 time a month monitoring of 14 go away but if there is any violence here we can email you to post. Thanks for doing a great service.

Wendy Reynolds said...

I've been a fan of your blog til now Timmy, I can't believe you threatened people for exercising their 1st amendment rights to have them arrested and prosecuted! This blog was so boring til people like pat Conway,bobbo,don and Chaz were making valid points.YOU posted the comments and do u think Chicago police really care about cyber bullying? The homicide and gang violence are out of control young man!!!!!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Hello anonymous 11:52, while I do agree that most of the world is ingorant, and that's mostly what has been happening here, but there are laws against cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking, and several people have been complaining about it.

Wendy, see, you're one of the exact reasons why I'm so hesitant to say anything about it. First I have people complaining left and right that they're getting bullied and that this blog is going down the tubes because I approve the comments, and when I try to address the issue, I get a comment like yours. I can't win either way. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I'm not sure what to do anymore other than to just not allow comments at all for anything. And like I said, there ARE laws against some of the things that these people have been saying. Cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking. Personally, I wouldn't call the police or anything for comments made, but I do have people who are upset about what's going on here, and I have to take some sort of action. Yes, I know I posted the comments, but quite frankly, I don't have the time to be bitched at for what comments make it through. And, Wendy, I rather have this blog's comments be boring but meaningful than have out-of-control arguments and threats of physical violence made. Finally, what valid points has Pat Conroy ever made? The only thing he says is that I'm a lazy bum that should have a job when I know for myself that I've been looking all over for one, and he does nothing but spew hateful comments and calls people names. This is not a blog for all of you to be entertained like that. This blog is for you folks to know the truth about crime in our area and to be informed.

Hi Linda, thank you :)! I'm sorry about the thing with 14, but the residents North of Belmont are really having a tough time with gang violence in their area and it seems pretty dangerous at this point, and I've seen things getting better in 14. As you said, however, please do email me when there is violence, and I'll post it up here so we can be informed and do something to make things better.