Friday, December 30, 2011

Man Calls 911 Then Hangs Up

Good morning, everyone, it's 12:00am. It's a mostly cloudy evening out there with temps in the 30s. It's supposed to rain along with some mixed weather (i.e. sleet and snow) with temps in the 40s. Anyway, as some of you have requested, I am doing the 24-hour blogging today. I'll be blogging from now until 12am Saturday with no breaks. We'll see how long I'm able to stay awake. If I do fall asleep by any chance, ProdigalOne has offered to obtain the calls during the time period(s) that I'm gone. Also, I have some really good news for all of you. I will not be moving anytime soon. Today, my determination letter from SSI came about my appeal and they still consider me disabled, so I'll continue to recieve monthly checks. So I can continue with my efforts to improve the community, and I will attend more meetings in 2012. With that, here's crime for today.

12:07am - Check the well being. Milwaukee and Hamlin. Male called 911 then hung up before the call-taker could ask any questions.

12:34am - Parker. On 2525Robert's Beat.

1:23am - Loud music disturbance. On 2525R's Beat.

2:13am - Suspicious person. 39XX W Wrightwood. A man just came in through the door and tried to get into the caller's apartment. He doesn't live there.

2:29am - Disturbance. On 2525R's Beat.

2:46am - Beat car 2523R has a traffic stop at Hamlin and Armitage.


3:28am - Parker on Monticello, on 2523R's Beat.

5:25am - Attention readers: Do you have a scanner? If so, please send me an email at weatherboy58@hotmail.com. On New Year's Eve (tomorrow), I am going to need help covering 25, as well as 14 (17 is covered). I need someone to help me with 25 between 8pm and 11pm, then again from 11:30pm to 2am; I need help with 14 from 8pm to 10:30pm, then again from 11pm to 1am. If anyone out there can help out with this project, please send me an email. I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!!

8:47am - Burglary in progress. 23XX N Kedvale. Male Black, 25, dark complected, gray jacket and pants is trying to break into the neighbor's house.

8:50am - Beat car 2522 is confirming that 8:47am description. He ran towards Belden in the alley.

9:22am - Vicious animal. Wrightwood and Hamlin. German Shepard running loose. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call for me.

10:02am - Beat 2506 is getting a parker somewhere in the District.

10:45am - Traffic accident. 3600 W Fullerton.

11:05am - Beat car 2524 is pulling an RD number from the 10:45am accident. It's HT652851 with the event number of 05522.

11:14am - Missing person report. 44XX W Barry.

1:12pm - Threatening suicide. 3743 W Fullerton. Caller is having suicidal thoughts.

1:55pm - Backlog in 25 at 13:55 hours.

4:06pm - Suspicious vehicle. 37XX W Shakespeare. Car parked out in front hasn't moved in three days.

5:40pm - Burglary. 28XX N Ridgeway. Garage broken into.

5:52pm - Disturbance. 21XX N Lawndale. Males loitering in front, refusing to leave. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call for me.


6:48pm - Suspicious person. 36XX W Wrightwood. Two males by the back door, acting like they're going to break into the building.


6:58pm - Beat car 2525 needs help at 2325 N Ridgeway. A domestic situation has gotten out of hand. A few units are going.


7:02pm - A slow down is being given on the 6:58pm assist.

7:13pm - 2525 is taking one in from Ridgeway for domestic battery. They also pulled an RD number. It's HT6535XX with the event number of 13416.


7:55pm - Battery in progress. 37XX W Altgeld. Couple of males fighting in the basement.

8:38pm - A description of the 7:55pm offenders has came out. There were a group of four or five of them (three males, two females). They were African-American. They robbed the people in the apartment after forcing their way in. A couple of cell phones, along with some cash, were taken. The offenders are in their 20s. They fled west on Altgeld in a gray van, that went west past Hamlin, towards Avers.

8:47pm - More of a description is being given on the 7:55pm job. One offender was about 25 years old, 5'8, medium complected, black pants with a black leather jacket. He cut one of the victims on the hand with a knife and ran south on Ridgeway towards Fullerton. There is a crime scene from this incident, so the ET will have to be ordered. 2523 is ordering them up, since they're the paper car.

9:11pm - 2525 is being asked to sit over there on Altgeld and wait for the evidence tech while 2523 goes in and does the police report.


9:36pm - Suspicious person. 1841 N Springfield. At the McAufflie school. Male Hispanic, dark hooded sweatshirt, basketball shorts and black gym shoes is lurking around the school grounds, walking towards Cortland.

9:43pm - An outside unit has a traffic stop at 3741 W Armitage.


9:55pm - Reckless driver. Pulaski and Diversey. Sliver Jeep speeding towards George on Pulaski has an impaired driver driving.

10:16pm - Assault report. 37XX W Grorge. Caller's neighbor threatened them.

10:42pm - Reckless driver. Belmont and Milwaukee. Small 2-door Chevy Convertiable on the bumper of other vehicles. Headed south towards Davlin.

11:06pm - EMS run. 20XX N Kedvale. Overdose.

11:10pm - A unit just came up on a hit and run at Kedvale and Fullerton. The offending car fled towards Belden on Kedvale.

11:36pm - Burglary in progress. 21XX N Pulaski. Caller says they hear someone breaking into the first floor apartment, but can't see the person. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call.


12:00am - This concludes my 24 hours of monitoring. I am dead tired, but I did it for those of you who requested I do this. I hope you all really enjoyed the crime report. With that, I'm gone for the night. I'll be back at 6pm tomorrow to start my coverage for New Year's Eve. Have a good night, everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are ending this year with great news! I wish you the best for this new year and hope you had a great Christmas!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Heard that the westside thugs are gona point their guns north so their bullets will fall into the white areas of town. The way of attack on New Years eve.

Anonymous said...

No the westside thugs won't do that. They will point their guns at each other and help solve slot of dirty problems by eliminating wasted lives.

Mary LaNett said...

Anybody standing around outside at midnite is a dummy.

Anonymous said...

Coffee and Mountain Dew to stay awake. Looking forward to the 24 hour monitoring.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Thank you, anonymous 12:11 :)! It indeed was great news when I heard it. I had a good Christmas.

Anonymous 6:26, being New Year's Eve, who knows what'll happen tonight.

Mary, I can agree with that to a point.

Anonymous 9:37, the 24-hour monitoring is done. I monitored all day yesterday (Friday). Please read this post to see what happened during the 24-hour monitoring.