Good morning, everyone. I would just like to tell all of you about what happened at 2523's CAPS Beat meeting last Wednesday, on the 14th. It was a short meeting, with not many people in attendance. It's the holidays, though. You can't except too many people at meetings like this at this time of year. Now, I will tell all of you about the old issues brought up at the last meeting, which was on September 27th, 2011 (which I neglected to do a post about, alas). The problems were...
* George and Kearsarge - Two arrests made for prostitution, which has been a big problem at this corner; one DUI arrest and one marijuana arrest. Special attention was done, as well as contact cards.
* 2800 block of N. Ridgeway - Problems on the block have died down since October; no new incidents to report.
* 2900 block of N. Avers - One burglary arrest; special attention and contact cards.
* 3600 block of W. Oakdale - Three arrests made for crimes such as burglary, loitering, etc.; one crime report made.
And now moving onto the new problems:
* The area of Barry and Karlov - Kids from the ASPIRA alternative school at 3986 W Barry were reportedly smoking pot on several occasions at the intersection and within the nearby blocks.
* Parking permit problems at the factory at 3030 N Tripp.
* Incident on Thanksgiving involving a local drunk and a truck on Davlin. It was mention that the driver of the truck parked at the fire hydrant, fell asleep at the wheel, etc.
* 3643 W. Belmont - Concerns with Latin King gang members loitering at this location, which is a school called "East Village Youth Center", and harassing the school kids as they let out for dismissal.
> As I said, the meeting was on the short side, with not many in attendance. Our Beat Faciliator brought candy and some holiday treats for those of us who were attendance. Everyone was in good spirits.
> Announcement about Danny's Liquors: The next meeting with the Liquor Control Commission about Danny's will be on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 10:00am, at City Hall (121 N. LaSalle), Room 805. Please mark your calendars if interested.
As I do in every Beat meeting post, I extend my thanks to all for being involved in this meeting. Once again, I ask for those residents who read the blog but don't come to the meetings (because they don't want to), please, come! It only takes ONE hour of your time, and we need all of the help we can get.
Next meeting: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at Copernicus Center (3160 N. Milwaukee) at 6:30PM.