Thursday, August 11, 2011

Burglar Alarm On Shakespeare

Good morning, everyone, it's 12:10am. It's a mild night outside. It's in the upper 60s. The skies are clear :). So, yes, I'm monitoring 14 again. But only until 12:40am. I'm making up for when I didn't pay attention last night. Then I'll be heading to bed. I intend on getting up at 8am and monitoring 25 for the day. I am most likely attending a CAPS Beat meeting for Beat 1733 this evening at 7pm at Brands Park, as I've gotten a bunch of requests to be in attendance. I will be getting a ride there :). So, with that, here's crime for today.

12:13am - Burglar alarm. 22XX W Shakespeare.

12:16am - Beat car 1412Robert has a street stop at St. Louis and Schubert.

12:17am - Beat car 1432R needs a supervisor on Shakespeare. They've got blood on the scene. 1420R is coming.

12:26am - Theft in progress. 25XX N Kedzie. Cab driver is calling to report that his fare has no money to pay the driver.

12:32am - 1) Disturbance. 25XX W Lyndale. Loud people and music. 2) Disturbance. Fullerton and Damen. Cab fare dispute.

12:37am - 1) Criminal damage. 30XX W Belmont. Gangbangers just broke out the caller's window. 2) Assist the truck driver. Milwaukee and Bloomingdale. Truck driver needs help turning around.

12:38am - Battery. Cortland and Leavitt. Male with a white tanktop just beat up the caller's friend.

12:40am - I'm going to go. I'll be back in the morning. Good night, everyone.

8:00am - I'm back. Good morning, everyone.

8:23am -
CTA bus alarm. 4007 W Fullerton. On a CTA bus heading east. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call for me.

9:23am - Burglar alarm. 2053 N Pulaski.

9:36am - A unit is doing a park check at Koz.

9:43am - Beat car 2523 has a traffic stop at Central Park and Wrightwood.

9:55am - Beat 2582Foot is doing foot patrol on Milwaukee from Belmont to Central Park.

10:26am - Open door. 29XX N Lawndale. Back door's been forced open.

10:28am - EMS run. 31XX N Ridgeway. Female passed out in the parkway.

10:33am - The Ridgeway call is coded 9Paul.

10:34am - Check the well being. 37XX W Lyndale. Someone needs CPD.

11:19am - Beat car 2524 is doing a park check at Kelvyn.

12:26pm - Beat 2552 needs another car at 2822 N Kenneth. 2507 is heading over.

12:27pm - 2552 is giving 2507 a disregard.

12:28pm - Disturbance. 3700 W Diversey. Male Black, 25 yrs old, is causing problems in the store. He's a known shoplifter in the area.

12:29pm - A student from Kelvyn Park High School was arrested an hour ago on charges of burglary.

12:56pm - Threatening suicide. 20XX N Avers.

3:10pm - Gang disturbance. Diversey and Lawndale. They're flashing gang signs at kids leaving Monroe.

4:01pm - Gang disturbance. Central Park/Belden. Two male Hispanics on bikes in white t-shirts, harassing other males, tugging at waistbands as if they have guns tucked in them. Thanks to ProdigalOne for obtaining this call for me.

5:36pm - I'm going to this CAPS meeting. I'll be back later. See you all then.

11:20pm - I'm back. Good evening. Please read my latest post about some new rules I have on here regarding CAPS meeting posts.

4 comments:

americanlt said...

Can you focus on the crimes between 2AM and 6AM? These are when I walk home from work & need to know whats going on.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

americanlt, you don't even live in the neighborhood. So sorry, but no. Those are not my hours anyway. As I've already expressed, I am not a night person.

Anonymous said...

"americanlt" are you seriously requesting someone listen to the scanner for you from 2am until 6am? Amazingly inconsiderate!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Exactly, anonymous 9:49! Thank you.