Friday, December 17, 2010

Traffic Accident At Diversey And Kostner

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 3:22pm. I'm finally home. It's been a long day. I'm glad the break from school is here because I'll be able to catch up on important things and relax. Anyway, I monitored 17 from 5-6:39am, but heard no calls. Speaking of that, I'm going to monitor 14 overnight tonight, from 12-5am. In order to accomplish that, I'll need to take a nap. So, here's crime for this afternoon and evening.

3:41pm - Traffic accident. Diversey and Kostner. Injuries.

4:07pm - I'm going down for my nap now. I'll be back later.

6:32pm - I'm back.

6:35pm - Recover the stolen vehicle. 3724 W Cortland.

7:07pm - Narcotics. 2X06 N Hamlin. Selling.

7:20pm - An RD number has been pulled from a traffic accident which occurred at 1802 N Central Park. It's HS665565 with the event number of 13834.

7:39pm - EMS run. 3959 W Armitage. Male passed out inside the liquor store.

8:22pm - Beat car 2523 gets a job on the PDT that the dispatcher doesn't even want to bother reading out.

8:39pm - Shots Fired. 2900 block of N Springfield. 7 to 8 shots heard.

8:44pm - Speed pursuit. Speed pursuit. Approaching Kostner on Thomas. Beat 4517Boy is pursuing a white Buick with a plate of 6541943. It's going fast, and it appears to be stolen.

8:46pm - 4517B lost the car at Kostner and Thomas. It was last seen heading towards Division. Also, Beat 2530 codes out the "Shots Fired".

10:08pm - Gang disturbance. 3700 W Diversey. Male with a ponytail running into traffic, throwing up gang signs.

10:29pm - Traffic accident. 4155 W Nelson. Car crashed into a fence.

10:30pm - Another speed pursuit. 200 block of N Parkside. Beat car 1512 is chasing a car involved in a robbery that Beat 1554 had. Going north towards Fulton.

10:31pm - Sounds like they lost the car at the moment.

11:08pm - Information for the police. 3909 W Belmont. Illegal party in progress. There's no permit, and there is underage drinking along with gang members present.

11:32pm - Reckless driver. Fullerton and Avers. Can driver is driving crazy.

12:00am - Now switching over to 14 until 5am tomorrow morning. Standby...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monitor 14 or 17? Why those areas are so lame. Now that beat you live on is a cluster. A mixture of drunken homeless polski's and various other spainsh gangbangers.
Why don't you vote the area dry? Why do you think there's no crime in Park Ridge? There's no taverns or liquor stores in Park Ridge. Areas with taverns seem to have savages.

Anonymous said...

Well at least they keep the section 8 south of Foster in 016. In fact, everything south of Foster is just trash anyway.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 7:24, even those areas are "lame", I still need to monitor them. I have a lot of readers in both districts, and they need to read stuff going on in their area once in a while too. As far as Beat 2523, if the drunk activity comes back to the way it was, or if the stores start selling to them again, we will vote the area dry.

Anonymous 7:26, who cares about 16? I don't. And, everything south of Foster is down-to-earth, unlike you snobs north of Foster.

Darren said...

This guys sound like trolls to me 14 is still hot dont let the couple condos that are actually sold fool you. Theres a lot of vacant condos in 14 and a lot of yuppies relocating are you even from 14 because if you are you would notice this. On another hand last nigth i called in some shots fired around 2am i heard six shots they sounded like they came from Armitage and Central Park a haven for drugs, gangs, prostitutes, and drunks it took the coppers over 20 minutes to show up and all they did was drive by slowly. No wonder the bangers keep on doingnit over and over they know theres little coppers that care nowadays but we still got a couple that do there best.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like being a cop in Chicago is actually a action packed job. Shots fired, police chase, murder, drug bust everything a future cop dreams about.

Anonymous said...

How the hell do they keep losing the criminal? In the cop shows there always saying you cant run or hide from the police, I guess here in Chicago is different. I been here a week more and It's been a year and I seen a tons of crime when I lived in the Westside Logan Square, Austin, and West Humboldt Park, Im from Milwaukee WI and It's a baby compared to Chicago I seen every type of crime you name it. Rigth now I live in the Southside way better neighborhood McKinley Park barlely any crime and when It pops ou the cops do there job real good.

Ted Dibiase said...

I'm just glad I live in the golden land just North of Foster Ave. Anybody that lives south of there is relatively poor and I feel sorry for them. 23's beat should be bought up by a rich tycoon like myself and then demolished. Maybe turn it into a giant golf course and have the pissbums serve the rich players beer.

014 is filled with whiney losers that think they are rich, but what they actually make in a year is what I make in one week!!! Face it, you got to be a real asshole to buy a shitty condo for hundreds of thousands of dollars like those yuppies have in Wicker Park. The best part about where I live in Edison Park is that dumb cops live all over, so I never have to worry about kicking a homeless guy in the teeth with my rhino leather wingtip shoes.

One time while me and some of my rich friends were traveling in a limo back from a bachelor party, we stopped on a street called Haussen Ct. on 23's beat. I paid two of the homeless pissbums money to have sex with each other in an alley while me and my friends watched and laughed!!!!

Just remember, money is power, and I have the most money in Illinois! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!!!!!!!!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Darren, I agree. Just because there's condos in 14 doesn't mean nothing happens anymore. Some parts of 14 are still as rough as they were 10 or so years ago. Also, I'll mention your incident in a post.

Anonymous 11:24, it just depends on what District and Zone you're in/on. In Districts like 15, 25, 11, 7, etc. (Zones 12, 6, 8, 10), things are always subject to jump off and the cops in those areas are kept on their feet, while others in Districts like 16, 19, 20, etc. have little to do most of the time.

Anonymous 11:39, they keep losing the criminals because their supervisors, Lts., Watch Commanders always tell them to stop pursuing when they have a chase so they don't risk getting in trouble or getting hurt.

Ted, two words: SEEK HELP. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

That's right, as a tax payer in Edison Park why are my tax dollars going to riff raff in 025 and 014?

nim dog is what the m/1's call me said...

ted, don't let me catch u on 2523 beat, thats my turf, and ill have a pissbum pee into your eyes, as u run crying down milwaukee ave.

Anonymous said...

December brings out the weirdos in your blog.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 11:10, because you guys up there in rich land hardly have any crime and don't need all of those cops you have up there. Deal with it. And, why don't you go blog your neighborhood and stay off this blog.

Nim, LMAO...

Anonymous 6:22, sure does. I think they've had too much eggnog.

Bobbo said...

Just ignore the fools, Timmy. Lots of us out here like your info. It's just poeple call the police for some of the dumbest reasons. Things that "they" should be able to figure out on their own. Things that are not criminal in nature, don't need the police.
Kids fight. As long as there's no serious injuries let it go. I'd get into fights while I was younger and the police were never involved. Too much lawsuit nonsense. Everyone wants to make a buck on it.

Anonymous said...

If it helps at all, I read and enjoy your blog a lot. Don't let the goofs spoil all your good work. You've probably heard my voice on the radio and you're blog was even mentioned at roll call. In a good way.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Bobbo, in my opinion, while kids do fight, in some areas it's serious quality of life issue, and technically it is a crime (simple battery). It's not much of an issue in our neighborhood (except with the gangbanging kids), but still. Though, kids that are under 12, 13 years old, I really don't have an issue with them fighting, because they're never serious. But when teenagers fight, things can get ugly real quick.