Friday, December 3, 2010

Overdose On George

Good morning, everyone, it's 12am. It's a clear but chilly night outside, and there's only 23 days until Christmas. Pardon me, but I'm just kind of amazed at how fast this year seems to have went by. Anyway, as I said last night, I should be here most of the day. And, on another subject, I'm going to be busy next week. I've got meetings three days in a row. Wednesday is the CAPS meeting for Beat 2523, then Thursday I've got a block club meeting, and finally, on Friday, I have another Student Government meeting. With that, here's crime for today.

12:24am - EMS run. 3800 W George. Caller believes they overdosed on some pills. With that, I'm gone for the night. See you all in the morning.

9:19am - I'm back. Good morning. Just for the record, it's still Friday, December 3rd, for people who think I only posted one call.

Around 9:49am - There was a call of an assault on Karlov, but I forgot the exact address and details. Sorry.

10:35am - Speed pursuit. Beat car 2515 is chasing a car going south on Mango from Bloomingdale. It's a white four door La Saber with temp plates. Two male Blacks are in it, and they're wanted for stealing equipment off a truck.

10:36am - She lost the car at about North Ave. and Mango. The car has tinted windows.

10:38am - They're chasing again. Beat 6247 has it going south on Menard from Bloomingdale, in the alley.

10:39am - They lost the car again. Wanted are two males, 6 feet tall, wearing all black, bushy hair.

12:41pm - I'm going to the store. I'll be back in a few minutes.

12:48pm - I'm back.

2:17pm - Battery in progress. Fullerton and Central. Caller says someone's attacking them.

5:22pm - I'm going out to collect those signatures. I'll be back.

7:26pm - I'm back.

7:27pm - Disturbance. 3041 N Pulaski. Intoxicated male with a large shopping cart in the alley.

7:38pm - I'm laying down for a nap. I'll try to get an archive on this period, and I'll be back.

8:44pm - I'm back.

9:03pm - EMS run. 3046 N Kostner.

9:16pm - Involved in a "person w/ a gun" call at Central Park and Dickens, on 14's side, is a white 4-door vehicle. A gun was pointed at the victim, and it went east on Dickens, then south on Drake. This is just information for the units in 25.

10:03pm - Battery in progress. 4114 W Barry. Two females fighting.

10:04pm - Reckless driver. Avers and Belden. White 4-door vehicle with a plate of 9681535 is involved. Heading west towards Springfield on Belden.

10:18pm - Parker. 2854 N Ridgeway. Nissan Pathfinder parked in the tow zone.

11:58pm - Suspicious person. 2112 N Central Park.

12:00am - I'm gone for the night. I'll be back after dinner tomorrow evening. Good night, everyone, and be safe as the snow begins!

16 comments:

americanlt said...

How come you only posted one crime Timmy for Dec 3? I'm a little disappointed because you usually work a little harder.

A Concerned Citizen

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Americanlt, this is right after midnight, right before I went to bed for the night. I always come back in the morning around 9 or 10am. So there is absolutely no need for you to be disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Timmy, you've inspired me to get a scanner and monitor the 14th. Great job with your blog! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Possibly unrelated, but I saw an unmarked squad car gunning down Drake (between Wrightwood/Fullerton) at about the same time tonight. Really hauling ass...

God bless our street cops. They are thin blue line of order between chaos and bad judgement.

And thank you, Timmy for this great blog and public meeting place

Anonymous said...

I called the cops today to call in that five latino teens 15-17yrs old where on the corner selling cocaine and crack cocaine. I know this because when I got from work they were like "we got that snow jo dub sacks" I said no thanks when inside and peeked out the window and there were loke six cars waiting to be served, there were two of my neighbors outside and they didnt even care they just keep on talking on the phone walking by them. Well I called the cops after I seen heavy car traffic and heavy foot traffic and they never came, as Im typing this I hear the dope boys outside theres ten or more now a SUV cop pass by like ten minutes ago, but he didnt stop to say whay were they doing. Im new to this neighborhood and I hate It good thing there wasnt a down payment as soon as my month of rent is done Im out of here to much drama here, im better off in my old neighborhood in the southside theres crime but nothing like this. But your doing a good job informing your neighbors keep it up.

Anonymous said...

The cops don't care. They just whine about their money and pension funding. These cops are so ungrateful, they should be happy they've got a job. You've probably seen them on jobs? So many just standing around laughing and joking on crime scenes.

Anonymous said...

Americanlt. Work a little harder! lol!! OmG! Timmy does this for free!! Cuit him some slack .

americanlt said...

I'm just concerned citizen who wants to know the crime beat 24 hours 7 days a week. I'm curious though Timmy is how your relationship is with the local police? I'm sure many of them like you, however, are there any that don't? I say this because I think you can sometimes expose some of the laziness and lack of caring on the CPD's part.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 6:35, I'm glad, and thank you!

Anonymous 11:01, it might be related. But who knows. I agree, God bless our cops. And, no problem.

Anonymous 12:20, in what area was this at? Sounds like maybe it's around McLean and Lawndale. If so, then yeah, lots of drama over there. Too many people in that area don't care and it's sad and stupid, I think. I'm sorry to hear the police didn't do anything, and I'm sorry you're moving. But you do what you have to do.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 8:50, if they're joking around and laughing at crime scenes, then what are you talking about? They must have some happiness to be on the job, or otherwise they wouldn't be laughing/joking.

Americanlt, my relationship with CPD is pretty good, particularly in the 25th District. I'm liked by a few of the Sergeants, the Commander and a few of the police officers. I'm pretty sure some of them don't like me, but you know what? I could care less. I'm not here to be liked. I'm here to inform my fellow citizens about crime in Avondale and Logan Square. And, if they don't like me, that means they don't do their job.

Anonymous said...

Around 2:30 to 3:00am early on Saturday (today, I guess) there were four shots fired in an alley way near the intersection of Wellington and Sawyer. Not sure if anyone was hurt or who did it.


Does anyone know anything more about this?

Anonymous said...

I heard six shots being fired on central park ave by shakespeare. Around four in the morning, its a abyss around here contanst drug deals day and nigth, im not a transplant kid bitching about crime im just letting ppl know if they have any info on the shots. I was half asleep when i heard them i admit i barlely to never call the police because its not going to stop anything and 99% of the time that ppl actually call the police they take more than ten min to come by or they never come at all.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 6:56, I'll mention this in a post I make. I have no info on this.

Anonymous 9:43, I'll mention this in a post I make. But, you know, not calling the police adds to the problem. I know it's frustrating when they don't come as fast as they should (believe me, I've dealt with this more than anyone should), or if they never come (that's gotta be a real lazy cop if they don't come for a "shots fired" call), but at least if you call, it's document as an incident that occurred. And, if they do come, at least they can look around the area to see if they find anything. Also, not calling the police will just make the area worse than it already is, I think, because the punks and criminals will realize that no one cares enough to call, and will do what they do more and more.

terl said...

what are people comlaining about. most of u live in king daley's city so be quiet. your also in crook county so shut up, and u also live in the most corrupt state in the union.

seiser said...

laughing and joking at crime scenes, u ask? well u would too, if u knew the reason why. it goes something like this. poo poo knowess that ray ray be lookin at his lady and be liken her cause she be fine. poo poo cousin june bug got a thumper he traded for some dope. poo poo peeps ray ray at ken wel park smokin weed and decide to smoke him and get respect on the street. ray ray aint no fool tho and he jack rabbit west bound on wellington. poo poo take off after him but he get run over by the ice cream truck east bound. cops show up, ray ray happy he got away, poo poo claiming injury and want a report so he can sue the mf who ran him over and the kiddies get their spong bob ice creams. thats why the cops are laughing at crime scenes bro.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Terl, where do you live? Probably not in Chicago. If so, do us a favor and please get off this blog if you're going to make comments like that. This blog's for Chicago and people living in these two communities.

Seisser, LOL, I guess ...