Wednesday, December 29, 2010

District 17 Radio, 12/29/10

Good morning, everyone, it's 8am. It is two days until New Year's Eve, and three until 2011 starts. Which is why I figured I'd monitor 17 today, so my focus can be on 25 tomorrow and Friday. Speaking of all of this, it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow and Friday. They're talking 40 tomorrow and 52 on Friday. Like I said yesterday, I'm excepting a ton of problems on Friday, which shouldn't have to be the case, but unfortunately is. But enough of me yakking, and let's cut straight to crime for today.

10:39am - Beat 1762David asks for a burglary mission on the 30 sector. Event number is 05368.

10:52am - Disturbance. Elston and Addison. Argument in the Jewel's parking lot between a cab driver and some other guy.

11:15am - Beat 1710 wants a unit to do a mission from Belmont to Roscoe, Pulaski to Kimball.

2:06pm - Vice complaint. Belmont and Christiana.

4:42pm - Alarm. 3434 N Elston.

7:00pm - I'm going to go eat. I'll be back soon.

7:20pm - I'm back.

8:38pm - Assist the citizen. 3348 W Belmont. Caller is locked in the Discovery store and it's closed now.

9:28pm - Battery in progress. 3709 W Addison. Two male Whites fighting in the doorway.

10:02pm - Anyone know what's going down at Milwaukee and Ridgeway? I just got an e-mail stating that there's a bunch of squad cars and a wagon on scene. I have the scanner on in hopes of finding out what's going on, but would appreciate if anyone knew anything.

11:00pm - I received a few e-mails about the whole thing at Ridgeway and Milwaukee, but still no info. I'll probably make a phone call or two in the morning to inquire about the incident.

11:25pm - Parker. 3254 N Monticello.

11:50pm - Turns out the whole situation on Ridgeway was a suicide attempt. The guy involved is ok.

12:00am - I'm going to go. I'll be back with 25 tomorrow. See you all in the morning.

4 comments:

bobbo said...

Just a few more days til a thousand guns blaze away into the sky. And the police will hide....

Jocko Homo said...

Remember, if you do shoot into the air, point at a 45 degree angle towards 16. Let your shells land on them.....

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

LOL, Jack.

bobbo, maybe the 14th District officers will hide, but not 25's.

bobbo said...

I donno, those cops in 25 are goofy. Thye got a billboard behind their station for that brutal cop Cozzi. Why the big deal about Cozzi? He pled guilty and is now in jail. Their boss had nothing to do with him beating the handicapped guy. As Berreta always said, "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time"