Sunday, December 5, 2010

People Fighting On Hamlin

Good morning, everyone, it's 12:00am. It's a cold night, after a bit of a snowstorm. There's a pretty good amount of snow out there, but it's not bad. I'm suspecting we'll see bigger snowstorms later this month and in January. Anyway, I'll be here until dinner today, and while I'm waiting for calls, I'll be looking at new layouts for the blog. I know a majority of you want a new layout, so I'll provide that. So, here's crime for today.

12:42am - Battery in progress. 2603 N Hamlin. Neighbors fighting.

12:43am - I'm gone for the night. I'll see you all in the morning. Good night, everyone.

9:57am - I'm back. Good morning.

10:48am - Parker. On 2523's Beat.

11:40am - Found child. George and Kostner.

12:01pm - Person w/ a knife. 2136 N Hamlin.


2:57pm - Narcotics. On 2524's Beat.

3:20pm - Vicious animal. 2800 block of N Lawndale. Black dog, appears vicious, is running loose. I should know, I'm the one who made the call. It tried attacking me. I was transferred to Animal Control after talking with the nice call-taker.

3:26pm - The 3:20pm job is a 19Adam. Dog's owner was found.

4:07pm - Check the well being. 2856 N Ridgeway. Caller says it sounds like a kid's getting killed somewhere in the building.

5:16pm - Person calling for help. 3077 N Davlin. Woman screaming in the alley.

5:28pm - The 5:16pm job is coded. Nothing's going on.

5:48pm - Battery report. 2137 N Avers. Known male beat up the stepdaughter yesterday.

6:27pm - Landlord/tenant dispute. 2537 N Lowell. Something about the landlord. The caller's a mental and he calls everyday. This call is coded 19Paul, the police aren't going.

6:39pm - I'm going to go eat, and with that, I'm out for the night. See you all tomorrow afternoon. Good night, everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard some shots ring out by in front of my apartment. I was playing some video games and got up to see if it was still snowing, I see nothing I walk back to my coach which is no less than two feet away from the window. I start hearing three people arguing they sounded black i heard one guy say "you wanna get buck huh jo run up then" thats when three shots ring out I got down because they were rigth infront of me then I hear a female say something but cant make what she said i hear two more shots by the alley. A good minute passes and I open my window and see nothing no blood no body no casings, I didnt call the police yet I go knock on my neughbors door to tell him If he heard anything he says he heard two shots I ask another guy and he says he didnt. I go outside to see If anything actually happen. Theres three guys in the corner of the block and I go ask them If they heard anything they say they have been there for more than three hours and they havent heard any gunshots. I walk to the alley and see nothing no blood nothing I walk up and down the block and nothing Im thinking should I find the cops because there seems to be nothing but I heard a argument and then gunshots and people running. Well I go back inside I decided not to call the cops because I found no evidence of a crime, Im wondering If It was the person that lives on top of me maybe he had his tv to high I go up and check but hes sound asleep I could hear him snooring. Well idk If It was a shooting or not but I clearly hear shots fired this happen around two in the morning by fullerton and lawndale rigth by the alley.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

One question for you. Did this happen at 2am THIS morning (Sunday, 12/4), or yesterday (Saturday, 12/3)? Regardless, thanks for letting me know about it, and I'll mention this in a post.

Anonymous said...

Just fireworks, nothing more.

Anonymous said...

Saturday nigth technically sunday morning. I was thinking It was fireworks but then again Its december, and fireworks when they fire they usually dont have a echo, thats why Im thinking It was gunfire but who knows It could of been fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was M80's?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 9:17, how can you be so sure?

Anonymous 2:28/1:05, thanks for confirming. I don't think it was fireworks either (being December and all).

Anonymous said...

I hear that 2500 Lowell call everyday. That guy is a mental. BUT, I think the cops should still pass by to make sure all is good. All the tax payers need is another law suit WE have to pay for. Just saying, you never know.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 9:45, they probably should, and they do sometimes. But I really think that guy needs to be locked up in a mental hospital or something.

Anonymous said...

Mental hospitals? They don't have them anymore. They do have group homes scattered about though.