Monday, December 13, 2010

School Bus Accident @ Diversey and Pulaski

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 3:16pm. Today's been a long day, and I'm glad to be home. We had a basketball game today. Sullivan VS Walter Payton, Best Practice and Lindblom High Schools. We won the game against Walter Payton. I'm happy that we did. I stood on the sidelines, being the reporter I am, and snapping pictures of the game for the school newspaper. Anyway, I have to go to a meeting tonight. The Avondale Neighborhood Association meeting, in fact. It starts at 7pm. I won't blog after 6:30-ish. I have a meeting tomorrow night also. This one's a block club meeting at Monroe School. After tomorrow, I'm finished with meetings until the New Year :). Here's crime for this late afternoon and early evening.

3:30pm - Traffic accident. Diversey and Pulaski. School bus VS car. Kids are on the bus. Hope it wasn't my bus...

3:50pm - Assault(?) 2200 N Hamlin. At Mozart school. A 13 yr old student had a knife earlier. They took it away from him but now they want a report.

6:00pm - Battery in progress. Avers and Wellington. Male and female fighting.

6:22pm - I have to go eat, and with that, I'm done blogging for tonight. Good night, everyone, and I'll be back tomorrow.

5 comments:

Timothy Fitz said...

Congratulations on the school game victory! By the way, I really like the new look of your blog.

Regarding your post, when I was 13, I was so afraid of getting caught chewing gum in class, I would have never dreamed of bringing a knife to school! My parents would have clobbered me!

Anonymous said...

You play basketball too? How do you find the time? You got this blog, neighborhood watch group, and now basketball too?

Anonymous said...

Damn, what's up with that dump at 2856 N.Ridgeway? Looks like a gangbanger nest. Was a guy in the doorway waving a gun, while flashing gangsigns. Gotta get the Jousters back.

americanlt said...

I have noticed that some "vice complaints" don't get on the air and they will send it over via there computers. Why is this? I'm thinking maybe because the drug dealers have scanners and they don't want them to get the information?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 9:17, it IS a gangbanging nest. The tenants associate with gangbangers and let them loiter all over the place. It's sad that the owner doesn't know about this (or acts like he doesn't want to know, despite me telling him several times). His tenants insist they don't gangbang, but they can't play stupid with me. I know better than that. I've seen them loitering in front with the punks. And, there used to be large fights at George and Ridgeway (two years ago) with the gangbangers who hang out there. I make calls for that building at least once a week because of the constant activity. And, there was a guy in the doorway with a gun there? Can you do me a favor and e-mail me at weatherboy58@hotmail.com and give me all the details (including date/time) on that incident? I think I'm going to call another meeting for 2856 N. Ridgeway. We've been keeping an eye on them and it looks like they're lying to us. As for the Jousters coming back, yeah, they're a White gang, but they're still a gang. It'll just cause more problems, I think. Let's just have the community take care of these people.

Anonymous 9:12, this basketball event was during school hours, and it was a school-sponsored trip. I didn't play, either. I just took notes and photographs for the school newspaper. I rarely ever play basketball outside of school.

Thanks, Timothy! I'm the same way, I'm afraid to get caught in class chewing gum in class, much less do that.

Americanlt, it indeed is for that reason. They don't want the citizen calling to get hurt by the offenders because they heard the call.