Thursday, August 26, 2010

Loiters On Diversey

Good morning, everyone, it's 6:51am. I woke up at 5 this morning, as I had to run an errand at 6, and then I cleaned up my block by picking up the trash in the grass. I want this block to be as clean as possible, so it can discourage criminals from coming over here to do what they do. Anyway, like I said yesterday, my blogging schedule today will be weird. I should be here until around noon or 12:30pm, then I'll take a nap until about 2pm. After that, I'll be here until about 5pm or 5:15, then I will have a quick dinner then go to a meeting at 6. After that, I'll probably be taking notes on it for about two hours, then I'll finally be back. Also, today, we'll have some absolutely beautiful weather (temps, and sun). Having said all of that, here's crime for today.

7:04am - Disturbance. 3824 W Diversey. Group loitering in the parking lot.

7:15am - Burglar alarm. 2323 N Pulaski.

7:34am - I need to work some stuff for a meeting this evening. I'm be back at some point this morning.

9:22am - I'm finally back.

10:03am - Beat 2510 is doing an outdoor roll call at Milwaukee and Haussen.

10:25am - Parker. Belmont and Pulaski.

10:52am - Beat car 2521 needs a car at 3032 N Hamlin on a handwaver. There's someone possibly breaking into a building on the block. Seconds later, a slow down is given because the handwaver is drunk.

10:53am - Ambulance is now needed for 2521's drunk.

11:25am - Check the well being. 2137 N Lawndale. A woman called 911 and moaned on the phone.

11:33am - Beat 2542 is doing something at 4316 W Diversey.

12:00pm - I'm going to take my nap now. I'll be back in about two hours.

3:37pm - I'm finally back. Had some more stuff to do about the meeting I'm going to tonight.

4:01pm - Domestic disturbance. 2438 N Hamlin. Boyfriend took the keys. No, this isn't a girl calling, by the way.

4:12pm - Domestic disturbance. 3013 N Hamlin. Problem with the boyfriend. Yes, this a girl calling this time.

4:27pm - Burglar report. 3843 W Altgeld.

4:37pm - The 4:27pm job is bona fide. Beat 2520 is notified of the burglary.

4:38pm - Robbery. Hamlin and Milwaukee. Male with a white polo shirt, blue jeans, and two tattoos with one happy face and one sad face robbed the caller of their chain while they were on their bike. Went towards Central Park. Offender is known to the caller.

5:20pm - I'm going to grab my dinner now, then go to the meeting. I should be back by 9pm. See you all later.

11:13pm - I just got done working on my stuff from the meeting, but hey, with only 40 minutes left until bedtime, I'm just not going to blog for the rest of the night. See you all tomorrow afternoon, because I have to go somewhere in the morning. Good night, everyone.

2 comments:

Timothy Fitz said...

"Robbery. Hamlin and Milwaukee. Male with a white polo shirt, blue jeans, and two tattoos with one happy face and one sad face robbed the caller of their chain while they were on their bike. Went towards Central Park. Offender is known to the caller."

Since the "victim" knew the punk, maybe this was a loan, and not a robbery. (LOL)

Seriously, the boldness of some of these crooks never ceases to amaze me! By the way, thanks for the link! I really appreciate it!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

We think alike, Timothy. Which is a good thing. I was thinking the same exact thing, that this was a loan instead of a robbery. LOL. But yeah, their boldness is amazing. It seems to me that these criminals just don't give a crap about the law these days.

No problem regarding the link.