Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Drunk Down On Hamlin

Good morning, everyone, it's 11:28am. I'm back kind of late again, I know. I had some other things I wanted to do, which included "spying" on our Milwaukee Ave. drunks this morning, from 7:30-8:30am. I just wanted to see what they were up to. Anyway, tomorrow starts the St. Hyacinth's Carnival. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm happy that it's here because the little kids always have good rides to be on, but I'm also worried because it becomes a magnet for gangs yearly. I was reassured by my CAPS Sergeant yesterday evening that there would be officers assigned to the carnival. Relating to that, I've came up with my schedule for tomorrow. From 8:30 to 11pm, I will only be monitoring crime in the area of Oakdale-Ridgeway-Central Park-Schubert, to keep an eye on the carnival. Of course, if anything major happens elsewhere in the 'hood, I'll let you all know about it, but from 8:30-11, this will be the area I will be monitoring. Here is crime for today.

12:08pm - EMS run. 3138 N Hamlin. Intoxicated male on the ground. Laying by the Taco Bell.

12:35pm - Suspicious person. 1733 N Monticello.

12:53 to 1:56pm - Took a nap. I was tired.

2:37pm - 1) EMS run. 3115 N Haussen. 2) Suspicious person. 2903 N Kildare. Male White, khaki clothes, going in the backyard, asking questions about the building. 3) Disturbance. 3015 N Milwaukee. The drunks are loitering in front.

3:19pm - Criminal damage. 3839 W Wrightwood. Male Hispanic, 30-40 yrs old, white t-shirt and blue jeans was banging on the caller's door, then he kicked in the air conditioner.

3:48pm - 1) Gang disturbance. George and Avers. Four of them riding around in a black Nissan Maxima, shouting gang slogans. They also keep riding down the block and are harassing people. 2) Traffic accident. 3830 W Fullerton. 3) Information for the police. 3910 W George. 4) Narcotics. 23X3 N Springfield. Eight to nine gangbangers smoking weed and what not. 5) Missing person report. 3659 W Wabansia.

3:51pm - Disturbance. Kelvyn Park. Drinkers by the tennis court.

3:59pm - Burglar report. 1919 N Monticello.

4:21pm - Parker. 2322 N Avers.

5:01pm - Theft. 3940 W Fullerton. Female Black, late 30s or early 40s, white butt0n-up shirt with a fisher's hat stole two bottles of detergent from CVS.

5:56pm - Reckless driver. Milwaukee and Belmont.

6:31pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back.

6:54pm - I'm back from dinner.

7:23pm - Loud music disturbance. 2925 N Kostner.

8:26pm - A unit has a traffic stop at 2024 N Pulaski.

About 8:40pm - Two jobs on Kenneth. One at 2800, for criminal damage, and the other for a domestic at 2825 North.

8:45 to 9:10pm - There was a probably a job or two in the area, but I couldn't write them down. Because of my stupid computer.

9:24 to 9:41pm - I'm really sorry, but I fell asleep. Don't ask why. I'm thinking about seeing a doctor for this, because it's like I'm falling asleep all the time. I'm sick of it. Days like this are just when I'd like to hand this blog over to someone else. Any volunteers? I don't think I can handle this anymore...

9:48pm - Assault in progress. 3750 W Armitage. Group of people about to fight.

10:10pm - From the sound of things, these two dispatchers are already screwing things up somewhat.

10:13pm - They're calling back from 2825 N Kenneth.

11:08pm - Domestic disturbance. 3853 W Wrightwood. The intoxicated husband needs to go.

11:29pm - 1) Loud music disturbance. 4150 W Barry. 2) Oh, lord. Already. This freakin' carnival hasn't even started yet, and there's already a call. The call is at Lawndale and Wolfram, site of the carnival. The workers are making too much noise. I sense some trouble coming this year for the carnival, because I did see a couple of punks hanging around in the carnival area yesterday morning. Sigh...

11:46pm - Disturbance. 2417 N Ridgeway. Group loitering on the porch of the abandoned property.

11:48pm - Beat car 2522 is on an unavoidable traffic stop at Kostner and Altgeld.

12:01am - I'm off to bed. See you all in the morning. Good night, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about sleeping. I've read studies that say teens and young adults need more sleep than they are getting nowadays. Youneed at least 9 hours, and sometimes more. Your brain and body are still developing. There are lots of studies, and researchers are calling for high schools to begin the school day later in the morning. Here's one of many links. http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/adolescent.html
Google ' teens sleep study' and you'll get more info. Meanwhile, sleep well.
(confession...I'm a mom.)

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Thank you, anonymous. Before, I was good on 7 to 8 hours of sleep, and this was before I got sick last month. Even after I've gotten better now, I'm still falling asleep one to 3 times a day. And I don't like to do that during the summer months because there's more crime to cover. Once September comes, I'm not really worried about it and will take naps as necessary, but I'd like to stay awake for the whole day, everyday, until then. But thanks for your support :).