Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Diaper/Water Throwers On North Ave.

Good morning, everyone, it's 11:29am. I had some errands to run this morning, but I am back now. It's beautiful out. Nice breeze, decent temps. Anyway, tonight is the CAPS meeting for Beat 2523. It is at Copernicus Center, 3160 N. Milwaukee, at 7pm tonight. I ask those of you who don't want to attend, or aren't busy, to attend. Please. I won't be there (I need a break), but I still ask that you attend. Also, there's going to be a bit of a schedule change I want to let you guys know about on this blog, for the next two days. Today will be pretty normal, as I'll be here all day (except for dinner and if an unexpected nap happens) until 10pm. I'm going to bed at 10 because I have to be up at 5am tomorrow morning. I have to run an errand at 6am, then I'll be cleaning up my block for a half hour or so. I'll blog from about 6:30 or 6:45am until about noon, when I'll take a nap for about 90 or so minutes. Then, I'll be here until around 5:15. I'll be eating dinner at that time, then I'm going to a meeting until 7pm. After that, I'll probably be taking notes on it for about two hours, then I'll finally be back. With that, here's crime for today.

11:58am - Disturbance. 3614 W North. People throwing diapers and water at passing citizens out the 2nd floor window.

12:04pm - Disturbance. 3105 N Haussen Ct. Caller was illegally evicted by the landlord.

12:05pm - Assault. 4141 W Barry. Comcast worker was threatened by a male White driving a maroon van with a partial plate of A41 in the alley.

12:08pm - Municipal ordinance violation. 2018 N Hamlin. Guy working on a car in the alley.

12:21pm - Beat 2544 advised the 12:04pm citizen that it's a "civil matter".

12:50pm - Some call at 3809 W Altgeld.

1:24pm - Funston school can't even control their own students ... wow. There's a call for a disturbance in the women's bathroom on the second floor for students getting out of control.

1:31pm - Person w/ a gun. Fullerton and Pulaski. Purple Dodge Caravan with a plate of 4561734 going towards Harding has an older male Hispanic in it who pointed a gun at the caller. Caller does not want to speak with police, just wanted CPD to know.

1:36pm - Disturbance. 3135 N Kostner. Unauthorized person claiming to work for the city is on scene.

1:37pm - The 1:31pm vehicle comes back to a David Rogers of 4212 N Pulaski.

1:46pm - Beat 2561 is checking out a CAPS complaint at Belmont and Milwaukee. Event number is 09472.

3:14pm - 1) Burglar alarm. 2855 N Lowell. 2) Disturbance. 3640 W Oakdale. Drinkers in the rear.

3:29pm - Assist the citizen. 3845 W Wrightwood.

3:34pm - I have to make a quick phone call. I'll be back.

3:38pm - I'm back.

4:18pm - EMS run. 4011 W Fullerton. Male and female shooting up drugs in the alley behind the location, and the female appears to be passed out and hunched over.

4:27pm - Assault? 3743 W Fullerton. Because of the caller complaining about poor service from the restrauant, they got irate and did some things to her, including locking her in a room.

4:31pm - Beat 2505 has an on-view disturbance at Ken-Well Park. Event number is 123XX.

4:35pm - Narcotics. 3701 W Diversey. They're selling.

4:38pm - Beat car 2534 is running a plate on a vehicle at 1809 N Pulaski.

4:43pm - 2534 is running a plate on a vehicle at 1917 N Pulaski.

4:44pm - Theft. 3940 W Fullerton. At CVS. Female in the store is stealing items. She's still inside.

4:57pm - Beat car 2521 pulls an RD number from 3300 W Fullerton. It's HS481124 with the event number of 12119.

5:56pm - Burglary. 3060 N Haussen.

6:42pm - Disturbance. 3143 N Milwaukee. At Taco Bell. Male in a yellow shirt and black pants is talking to teen girls, trying to get them to come to his house.

6:45pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back soon.

7:00pm - I'm back.

7:24pm - Beat 2562Adam has a street stop at 2356 N Monticello.

7:26pm - Gang disturbance. Wabansia and Springfield.

7:28pm - The gangsters on Wabansia on now between Springfield and Harding. Male with a blue hat and white t-shirt w/ designs on it has a pistol in his waistband.

7:34pm - Switched over to Zone 3, 14th District, and there is six kids in the alley with a gun behind at 1715 N Sawyer.

7:35pm - 1) Beat 1445 gets a burglar alarm. 2) Disturbance. Kedzie and Dickens. Kids climbing on the church, causing bricks to become loose.

7:38pm - Disturbance. 3400 block of W Belden. Large group playing football in the middle of the street, hitting parked cars and stuff.

7:43pm - 1) Beat car 1413 is on a street stop at 2029 N St. Louis. 2) Gang disturbance. 24X4 W Diversey. Group of 8 to 9 doing their thing and smoking drugs.

7:48pm - Beat car 1411 is doing two Community Concerns. One at 2617 N Sacramento and one at 2960 N Washtenaw. Event number for Sacramento is 16055 and the Washtenae number is 16049.

7:52pm - Foot chase. McLean and Western. Beat car 1431 and Beat 1462David are chasing a male Black, white t-shirt and hat turned backwards. Seconds later, he's in custody. May be related to a possible call that came out at either 7:49 or 7:50 (I stepped out of the room because I heard what sounded like a fight outside ... sorry).

7:58pm - Beat car 1413
is doing a Community Concern at 2046 N Kedzie.

7:59pm - Suspicious person. 2630 W George. Three males hanging out in the alley and keep walking back and forth.

8:01pm - 1413 has a handwaver at McLean and Kedzie.

8:03pm - Beat car 1412 pulls an RD number for a robbery that occurred around 4pm at 2800 N California. It's
HS481484 with the event number of 15225.

8:05pm - I'm back with 25th District, Zone 12 until 10pm.

8:53pm - Disturbance. 2032 N Pulaski. Problem with the drunk neighbor.

9:20pm - Disturbance. 3847 W Wrightwood. Four people loitering and talking.

10:00pm - I'm heading off to dream land, because I need to be up early. I'm a busy young man tomorrow. So, good night, everyone. Be safe.

4 comments:

Timothy Fitz said...

"3614 W North. People throwing diapers and water at passing citizens out the 2nd floor window."

What the hell?!! Some people are just nuts!

I once lived in a building on Sheridan where several teens (unbeknownst to me, or management) broke into a vacant apartment and were living there. They got caught after I called the cops on them. They were actually throwing dishes at people!!!!

Anonymous said...

17 getting more active.....

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/2-shot-on-west-nw-sides.html

Anonymous said...

The tenants at 3105 N Haussen Ct. need to go. The place is a mess, and I see the tenants drinking on the front porch quite often - usually 3 males. About a week ago, I saw one of the tenants passed out on the front porch- just laying on his back...passed out. These people need to shape up, or ship out. The other families on this street don't act this way, and thier children don't need to be exposed to the drinking, loitering, and general disorder at 3105 Haussen Ct. Additionally, the other properties on Haussen Ct. are clean and orderly... I hope the landlord gets these people out!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

I thought the same exact thing, Timothy. I'm sitting at the computer, waiting for calls when I hear this one. I was like "....WTH????". The dispatcher almost cracked up while reading the call and the responding officer said "that's just wrong" in a funny way. By the way, I like your blog, Chicago News Report. It's really an informative site. I linked it up here.

Thanks for the link, anonymous 10:32. However, the shooting on Bernard didn't happen in the neighborhood. It happened about three blocks of our northern border.

Anonymous 11:30, one tenant has already been evicted from there, according to the police radio. There was a guy yesterday who called yesterday from there to claim that he was "illegally" evicted. Yeah, right. Probably a bad tenant who deserved it. Reading your comment, I would advise you and your neighbors to complain to the landlord in writing, because it may help get the rest of those tenants out.