Sunday, March 4, 2012

Possible Guns In Vehicle On Charleston

Good morning, everyone, it's 1:09am. It's a cold late night/overnight in Chicago. It's in the upper 20s to lower 30s. That's quite cold for this time of year (early March). Oh well. Anyway, I'm monitoring 14 from now until about 3am or so, then I'm going to bed. I'll awake at 7:45, and monitor 14 again until 9:34. Then I'm done blogging until after my dinner, at which point I'll come back with 25. Tomorrow, I'm covering 25 from whenever I wake up until my dinner. This week, I think the only thing I have to do is attend an open house at Wright College, the college I'll probably be enrolling at for the fall semester. Here's crime for early this morning and this evening.

1:15am - Person w/ a gun. 24XX W Charleston. A vehicle in front that has been there since about 10pm last night might have people in it that have guns.

1:20am - The job is coded.


1:21am - Traffic accident. Armitage and Milwaukee.


1:22am - Suspicious vehicle. 21XX N Milwaukee. A male Hispanic, 30s, striped sweater with blue on it, has been following the caller and their friend for a while now on foot, and now he's in a maroon vehicle parked out in front.


1:33am - Reckless driver. Kedzie and Armitage. Vehicle with a plate of 7562429 is speeding recklessly towards Cortland on Kedzie.


1:39am - Loud music disturbance. 28XX W Palmer.


1:52am - Loud music disturbance. 17XX N Francisco. From a white Caddy in the alley.

1:58am - Battery in progress. 2300 block of W Lyndale. Two male Hispanics beating up a female just east of Western on Lyndale by a light brown van. Last night, a "suspicious vehicle" call was dispatched on this block, and that vehicle is back over there again.

2:00am - The 1:58am van is now headed south on Western, from Lyndale. The female's inside.

2:01am - Beat car 1432 has a traffic stop at 2024 W Armitage.

2:06am - Theft/Battery. 2051 N Milwaukee. At the nightclub. Female hit the caller and took his chain.

2:12am - 1) Disturbance. 23XX N somewhere. 2) Suspicious vehicle. 20XX N Spaulding. Black Chevy parked there has it's back door open. 3) Assault. Armitage and Kedzie. Male White, 25 to 30 years old, flashed gang signs at the caller and then threatened them. There was a brief description on the guy, but I missed it. Sorry.

2:52am - 1) Loud music disturbance. 21XX N Oakley. 2) Disturbance. 28XX W Diversey. Group of males knocking garbage cans down in the alley.

2:53am - They're calling back on the 1:39am job.

3:04am - I'm going to go until 7:45. Good night, everyone, and I'll be back.


7:45am - I'm back. Good morning, everyone.

8:43am - Disturbance. 2011 N Damen. Male in front of the 7-11, cussing out the employees and harassing customers.

9:16am - Beat car 1414 is on a traffic stop at Milwaukee and Fullerton.

9:18am - 1) Burglar report. 2111 N Western. 2) Parker. On 1421's Beat.

9:34am - I'm going to go. I'll be back later. Have a good day, everyone.

8:00pm - I'm back. Good evening, everyone.

10:44pm - Loud music disturbance. 28XX N Harding.


10:45pm - Missing person report. 41XX W Barry. 16 year old.

11:17pm - An RD number has been pulled from Barry. It's HV183636 with the event number of 16283.

11:50pm to 12:00am - I fell asleep. I'm sorry. I'll try to get an archive of this time period.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a gang war starting up between the SD's and Two-Six. Someone was shot & killed a few days ago. This could effect the whole city.

Anonymous said...

Why are you monitoring 14 all the time and not spending more time monitoring 25?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Anonymous 12:26, that's not good. But thank you for that information.

Anonymous 7:44, I've only monitored 14 yesterday and a part of today. I'm not sure what "all the time" is. Prior to yesterday, the last time I monitored 14 was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm thinking, though, that you're asking this because you see all of these crimes posted up for 14 and nothing really for 25. If that's what you're asking, 25 has been unusually quiet for the last week or so in our area. I've haven't really heard much calls on the days I monitor, and plus my weekdays have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to work on this blog much.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for monitoring 14 again!

Anonymous said...

Word on the street is that the G-8 Summit will no longer be in Chicago. Everyone can now rest easy that police will not be overstretched out of the neighborhoods. G-8 Summit will be held at Camp David. Good News.

bobbo said...

Police overstretched? Heck, the cops were running scared. All they did was complain on their blog about it.

Anonymous said...

Bobbo - Wise up young man. Those comments on that Cop Blog are made by young people such as yourself using the internet as cover. They are not real uniformed police. The Chicago Police are not scared and do not run from duty. Please wise up. False truths and half rumors spread by you abound wide across the internet. You can be followed.

bobbo said...

Oh yeah, I forgot. Most cops are too old and stupid to know how to work a computer.

Anonymous said...

RE: bobbo said...
Oh yeah, I forgot. Most cops are too old and stupid to know how to work a computer.
_____________________________________

No, Boob, oh sorry, bobbo they just have lives and don't sit in their Momma's basement and troll the blogs!