Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Coverage, 2013

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 5:20pm. Happy Halloween to all of those who celebrate and endorse it. I personally don't, but I provide this coverage to all of you so that you are up-to-date with what is going on in the community. On this Halloween, my coverage will be a bit different. From now until 5:25, I'll be covering 14, then from 5:25 to 5:30, I'll cover 25. I'm then going to be on my other blog until 7:20, then I'll come back with 17 until 7:30. 14 will be covered from 7:30 to 7:40 then 25 from 7:40 to 7:50. I'll be going back to my other blog at that time until 8:50, then at 8:50, I'll monitor 25 until 9:30. At 9:30, I'll switch over to 14 until 10:10, and then at that point, 17 will be monitored until 11:30. I'll come back with 25 and 14, respectively, from 11:30 to 11:50. At 11:50, I'll be going back to my other blog for a little while. More details about coverage later this evening will be announced shortly before midnight. With that, here's crime for this late afternoon and evening.

5:21pm - Beat car 1412 says that there’s a suspicious guy walking back and forth, in and out of the west alley on the 3000 block of N Allen. Not sure what he's up to, but he looks really suspicious. They're about to check him out.

5:25pm - I'm now monitoring 25.

5:30pm - I'm done monitoring 25. I'll see you all in a little while.

7:40pm - I'm back, with 25. I've been monitoring 17 and 14, respectively, for the last 20 minutes with nothing heard.

7:43pm - Beat car 2524 needs the Wagon at 37XX W Wabansia for an out of control bi-polar female who's causing a scene over there. Beat 2573 is headed over, but is coming from a distance.

7:44pm - Beat car 2525 is also heading over to Wabansia to make sure everything's okay.

7:46pm - A slow down is being given on Wabansia.

7:47pm - Now a disregard is being given on Wabansia.

7:49pm - 2525 is taking the lady to St. Mary's Hospital from 2524's thing.

7:50pm - I'm going to go until 8:50. I'll be back then. See you all in a little while.

8:50pm - I'm back. Good evening, everyone.

9:14pm - Burglar alarm. 37XX W Cortland.

9:24pm - Disturbance. 2900 N Lawndale. Group of boys on the corner.

9:28pm - Criminal damage in progress. Milwaukee and Monticello. Teens tagging a building.

9:30pm - I'm now listening to 14.

9:37pm - Disturbance. Sawyer and Milwaukee Ave. Loud people by the McDonalds.

9:44pm - Traffic accident. Fullerton and Western.

9:46pm - Some call at Western/Elston/Diversey.

10:10pm - I'm switching over to 17 until 11:30.

10:23pm - Theft. 27XX W Melrose. Customer took the pizza at the door without paying for it.

10:41pm - Shots Fired. 35XX W Henderson. Six shots heard in the area.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand if your too busy. I know your a college student. But enough is enough. If you cant provide a regular update then why bother? Are you even still even attending the CAPS beats?!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? Where's your blog? You aren't owed anything..

Anonymous said...

Is this a serious crime blog or not? I realize you a busy college student, however, the world goes on. If you can't keep up then close the blog down. You were running a good CONSISTENT blog and now you not.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

If enough is enough, anonymous, then why don't YOU volunteer to assist in doing this blog?? I don't get you. You say you understand, but then sit here and get angry at me for not updating enough. So sorry if I can't meet YOUR demands. To answer your question about Beat meetings, I haven't attended many this year, because simply put, I can't find the time, and anyway in all honesty, a lot of them are no longer attended like they use to be, so if people on their own Beats won't attend their meeting, why should I? I went to one last month in the area, though, and have one next week I really need to be at. Reports of these meetings should be up around Thanksgiving weekend if not sooner. Long story short, you only know what you hear from me on this blog. I have some more things going on besides college so I'm swamped right now. I really do want to this blog consistently like I used to, but like I said in August, once the semester is over, my updates will be regular again. I did forewarn everyone what would happen. In no circumstances will this blog be shut down, my vision for it is if I can't run it no more for any reason, someone else will step in and keep it going. If not, I want to leave it up at least as a history of how crime was in the community for a time period.

THANK YOU, anonymous 10:54. Seriously. You took the words right out of my mouth.