Monday, February 27, 2012

Cab Fare Dispute On Springfield

Good morning, everyone, it's 4:28am. It's a clear night with temps in the lower 30s. It's going to get up to around 40 today, with sunshine. Anyway, I'm monitoring 25 from now until 6:15, then I have to go to school. I may come back sometime this afternoon or evening, we'll see. Speaking of this evening, I'm attending a training session at St. Hyacinth's at 6:30pm regarding how to better watch the Chicago Public Schools. Please read yesterday's post if you're interested. Here's crime for this part of this morning, as well as (maybe) this afternoon and evening.

4:51am - Disturbance. 22XX N Springfield. Cab fare dispute.

5:09am - It's coded a 19P.

6:10am - Traffic accident. 25XX N Kildare. Hit and run.

6:15am - I have to go. I'll be back either later, tomorrow or sometime during the week. We'll see. Have a great day, everyone!

5:26pm - I'm back, until 6:20.

5:35pm - Burglar alarm. 16XX N Hamlin.

4 comments:

Michael Kernz said...

Should have used the police. They relocate citizens for free. I get free rides to hospitals from them all the time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's going to be a warm weekend. Crime is prob going to be sky high. Chicago needs to start suing the gang members like some suburbs are doing. That will teach them a lesson!

Stanley Cooperson said...

Cab fare disputes are usually about the driver refusing a credit card which is illegal. I am planning on going to another C.R.A.P. Meeting. It was really good last week.

Anonymous said...

I once had a cab driver refuse legal tender one dollar coins (the GOLD ones). The fare was $20.00, and I gave him 20 of the one dollar coins. He said "This not money, I call police"

I told him to go ahead and call the police, so I could have him busted for making BS calls. Coppers get there, they talk to him first and then drag me outta the cab, ask me why I'm refusing to pay the guy and I told them I offered him legal tender one dollar coins. They searched me and found the coins, told the cab driver he had to accept them or the ride was free.

Cab driver argues with the cops and they arrest him for disorderly, interfering with the police, false call to 911, and resisting.

The ride ended up being free. LOL!