Well, without further ado, here is the information I have obtained, from Eric at EveryBlock (thanks so much, Eric. Greatly appreicated) and ProdigalOne. To read another viewpoint about the whole thing, from Eric, you can follow his thread on EveryBlock. This information is by means of dispatches from Chicago Police Zone 1 Radio, District 17, from 7:30pm to about 8:30pm. Unless noted otherwise, all information is from Eric. Let's take a look:
- 7:52pm - The first 911 call of "Shots Fired" comes into the 911 Center for the 3400 block of North Monticello. Several shots were heard, and there was a bicycle laying in the street.
- 7:56pm - Beats 1705 and 1753 were on scene, and reported that the suspect ran north on Monticello from Rosceo.
- 7:59pm - There is blood at the crime scene, per 1753, and they ask Dispatch if there's any shooting victims at any of the area hospitals.
- 8:03pm - The information about the suspect came from a citizen, who did not offer a clothing description.
- 8:04pm - Beat 1742 reported that at OLR, paramedics had a victim shot in the head who looked like "they're not going to make it". Also, Beat 1710 ask for the scene to be perserved.
- 8:08pm - Two more supervisors were enroute to the scene.
- 8:10pm - Further information, apparently there was a fight in area at Monticello/Roscoe. **from ProdigalOne**
- 8:11pm - The victim was dropped off in a vehicle by two male Hispanics that then fled from the hospital. At the time, it was an unknown kind of vehicle.
- 8:12pm - A Tac unit was enroute.
- 8:14pm - Beat 1706Charlie was also going to the scene. Scene was being taped off. One unit is at the hospital. At the time, the victim was in critical conditon. He was dropped off by, possibly, a black Sedan, possibly a Ford Escort.
You can read the rest of the calls/dispatches that I caught after 8:25pm on the post from Saturday night, and you can also read some information on Edgar from Eric's post on EveryBlock. To say the very least, this shooting was a very sad one, that unfortunately was gang-related. Even though Edgar may have been a gang member, he still didn't deserve to die by himself. Guess that's how gang life is, though. You die by yourself.
If I get more information on Edgar, from other sources, I'll make a follow-up post. I certainly will keep all of you updated on this homicide. This is my very first time covering a homicide in our neighborhood, to this detail at least, and I really want all of you to be updated. However, I ask that all of you please remain respectful and cilvized while commenting on this post. We're all adults here. Comments will be highly monitored, as usual.