"...I checked your blog this morning in hopes of getting some information on shots fired around 6am today, somewhere in Logan Square (it sounded like it was well east of me, but a number of loud shots in quick succession, followed by screeching tires)."
Sounds like this could have occurred as far east as Kedzie, around the Square. Does anyone else have any insight into this?
Update: There were indeed shots fired in Logan Square this morning. I've gotten quite a few comments on it. Seems like the shooting also did in fact happen right around the Square (Kedzie and Logan). Here's what I'm being told.
- "I saw two kids being arrested around 6:30 a.m. near Albany and Schubert. At least 1/2 dozen cop cars were in the area. The CPD was checking out an older black Benz parked on Schubert near Longman 7 Eagle. The front end was bashed and the air bag had deployed..."
- "I was woken up at about 6:30am to screeching tires and several shots fired. Sounded like it was near 3000 W. Fullerton."
- "Yes,I live on logan and milwaukee, I heard them this morning, there were 6 shots fired at 6:29 am then a car squeeling away..."
- "I heard three shots, a pause and then several more around 6:28 and called the police at 6:30. I thought they came from the 2500 block of N Milwaukee. There's a fair amount of activity with the Milshire Hotel, La Estrella Nite Club and the rather dark Mega Mall parking lot across the street. Police were on the scene almost immediately and a helicopter (news I'm guessing?) circled the area a few times around 7:00."
- "...My stepson was working on his car (Monticello/Altgeld) and heard loud shots being fired. Maybe about 10pm or 11p.. I spoke to my sister in law this morning and she lives on Kimball/Fullerton, and she heard loud shots being fired too. He son ran to her screaming, scared, crying..."
- "I heard shots in my block lawndale and mclean [around midnight], they sounded like a assault weapon a good amount of shots fired. Waited a good five min and whent outside to see if i could find some casings to call the police but didnt find anything, i asked my neighbor if he heard the shots he said yes but didnt bother calling the cops he says the bangers here have tricks up there sleeves when they fire weapons...when the police come check it out they always say its fireworks or nothing."