Saturday, October 23, 2010

Walgreens Disturbance

Good morning, everyone, it's 9:04am. Yes, I finally awoke from a long sleep. That dance last night pooped me out. But I'm all good now. Today, I'm monitoring the quiet 17th for you Avondale residents north of Belmont, which is also a good thing for me, since I do have to do homework, and work on some other things while waiting for calls. Then, tomorrow, I'll monitor 25 from 9:27-10:04am, then again from 11:32am to 3:53pm. At 3:53, I'll take a break until 5:, then I'll come back for the rest of the night, until 9pm. Here's crime for today.

11:41am - Disturbance. 3424 W Belmont. At Walgreens. Female panhandler with a backpack is in front.

1:14pm - EMS run. Addison and Kimball. Man having a heart attack.

2:30pm - Disturbance. 3419 N Harding. R
esident wants to speak to police about her neighbor's kid. Thanks to ProdigalOne for getting this call for me while I fell asleep.

2:31pm - Narcotics. Parkview Park (School and Avers). Male smoking drugs while kids are in the park.
Thanks to ProdigalOne for getting this call for me while I fell asleep.

2:49pm - EMS run. 3571 W Henderson. 46 year old male hit by car yesterday, now bleeding from head and shoulder, fire asks police to ride with.
Thanks to ProdigalOne for getting this call for me while I fell asleep.

3:18pm - Battery in progress. Ridgeway and Belmont. Large gang fight with the Latin Kings ensuing. As many as 15 guys are involved, and traffic is blocked.

3:58pm - A unit is doing contact cards at School and Ridgeway.

4:00pm - Assault. 3425 N Kimball. The caller's boss at work just "assaulted" them.

4:30pm - Assault in progress. Milwaukee and Pulaski. Three males arguing in front of a tavern.

6:58pm - I have to go eat. I'll be back.

7:14pm - I'm back.

7:58pm - EMS run. 3759 W Cornelia.

8:52pm - 1) Disturbance. Cornelia and Avers. Group of males playing soccer in the middle of the street. 2) Disturbance. Monticello and School. Male sitting in a van, which is blocking the intersection, yelling at people.

10:50pm - Parker. 3435 N Monticello.

11:03pm - Reckless driver. Kimball and Avondale.

12:00am - I'm gone for the night. See you all tomorrow morning for 25. Have a good night, everyone, and be safe.

2 comments:

Nobody said...

Timmy, do you know what contact cards are?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Hi Nobody,
Contact cards ask you a series of questions, such as what gang you're in, your address, if you have any tattoos, those sort of things. It's for the police to get basic information on a particular person.