Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Park Check @ Koz, CTU Protest At Nixon

Good morning, everyone, it's 9:28am. Sorry for no post yesterday, but I was exhausted after class and I did some homework. It's a sunny morning with temps in the lower 70s, and today will get into the mid 80s with sunshine. As you all know, there is no school today for any CPS students, as the teachers are on strike. This is their second day. When I was going to class yesterday, I saw some of the protests going on, and they were pretty intense. However, there are some sites available for parents to put their children at during the day, and I'll have that list of locations up later in the day. I'm monitoring 25 until 11:30am, then I need to do my homework. I will return at 4pm with 14 until 4:50, then go on a break until 5:30 and monitor until 7. I should be coming back with 25 after 7, but we'll see. Here's crime for portions of today.

9:58am - Beat car 2524 is doing a park check at Koz.

10:11am - Beat 2575Sam says that the group of protesters from Nixon school that were at Fullerton and Keeler have relocated back to the school.

10:37am - Parker. On 2524's Beat.

10:49am - I'd like to take this time out to pay respect to all of the victims, as well as their friends and family, of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Today is the 11th anniversary of the World Trade Towers in New York falling. We love you, and our thoughts/prayers are with you. If you all can, please remember to take a moment of silence to reflect on this day.

11:53am - Burglar alarm. 21XX N Hamlin.

11:56am - Beat 6751Eddie is taking one in from 4148 W Armitage. Event number is 07532.

12:02pm - I'm going to go until 4. I'll be back. Have a great start to the afternoon, everyone!

4:00pm - I'm back. Good afternoon, everyone.

4:11pm - Some call on 1411's Beat.

4:29pm - Disturbance. Western and Homer. Problem with a homeless guy out there.

4:50pm - I'm going to go until 5:30. I'll be back then.

5:30pm - I'm back with 14 until 7.

6:03pm - Criminal trespass. 35XX W Diversey. Something about a male coming onto the property with a bike and pets, he fled towards Central Park on Diversey.

6:12pm - Battery in progress. 3100 block of W Palmer. Large group fighting in the park. Multiple calls.

6:15pm - A slow down is being given on the 6:12pm job. The fight's breaking up.

6:21pm - Disturbance. Milwaukee and Western. Problem with some teens.

6:32pm - Traffic accident. Western and Logan Blvd.

6:47pm - Criminal trespass. 35XX W Palmer. Unknown person just came on the caller's property.

7:00pm - I'm back with 25 now. I'll be back with 14 in a few days when I do the Mexican Independence Day monitoring.

7:21pm - Beat 2561David is taking one in from a street stop at 3602 W Armitage.

7:28pm - Criminal trespass. 16XX N Avers.

8:22pm - I'm going to go for the night. I'll be back tomorrow or Thursday. Have a good night, everyone.

No comments: