Monday, January 16, 2012

Street Lights Out @ Wellington And Pulaski

Good morning, everyone, it's 9am. May everyone have a good Martin Luther King Day, and celebrate his life and legacy today. And, may all of us keep promoting peace and equal rights like he did. Anyway, I'm monitoring 25 today, from now until my dinner. Also, I have possibly two meetings to attend this week. I do have one for sure, on Friday, at school. It's a Student Government meeting, after school. Then, I may attend a community meeting Wednesday evening up in the 33rd Ward. That's not confirmed yet, though. Lastly, on Saturday, I have a test that I have to take at Northwestern College, as a part of me trying to get accepted there :). With that, here's crime for today.

10:27am - Streets and Sans needs to be notified, according to an officer, that the street lights at Wellington and Pulaski are completely out.

11:01am - Beat car 2524 has a handwaver at Monticello and Armitage.

12:58pm - Parker. 36XX W Oakdale. Permit.

2:47pm - Beat 2520 is doing a seatbelt mission at Kelvyn Park High School, 4343 W Wrightwood. He's got one of the 2540 units with him, I think 2543 to be exact.

2:51pm - Disturbance. Wrightwood and Kildare. Snowball throwers.

3:05pm - Beat 2505 is also going to be at Kelvyn Park High School.

3:36pm - Beat 2505 is doing a park check at Koz.

4:18pm - Loud music disturbance. 18XX N Harding.

5:27pm - Some call on 2524's Beat.

6:22pm - Beat car 2524 is doing contact cards at Lawndale and Diversey.

6:30pm - Disturbance w/ a mental. 26XX N Avers. 13 year old son is going crazy, trying to kill himself.

6:58pm - I have to go eat, and with that, I'm gone for the night. I'll see you all tomorrow or sometime during the week. Have a good night, everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, its a holiday. So city workers are off. Only cops and firemen work on holidays. Guess you'll wait til tuesday...

Dago GL said...

The city is going broke because of all these over-paid city workers. Cuts are needed across the boards. Aldermen, firemen, cops, streets and san, etc... Just remember, "The cross is boss"

bobbo said...

I've noticed that the west end of 014 and the east end of 025 seem to have lots of these beatnick kids nowadays. Are these the new yuppies?

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, why am I hearing all these "back logs" on the scanner? Can't the CPD move a little faster to some of their calls.

Sgt. Benderski said...

Back logs occur when there are more jobs than avialable units. Perhaps if they screened out all the nonsense or civil in nature calls you'd be fine.