Here are the incidents I have seen personally, have been written to about, or have seen on the news:
- Wednesday, at 4:24pm - A group of 10 men, gangbangers, had a fist-fight at Diversey and Ridgeway and into the most southern portion of the 2800 block of Ridgeway. It started out as two groups of men arguing (one group had 3, the other had 4) then a green car pulled up and three more men jumped out. A fight ensued for nearly a minute. Then the males from the car got back in and fled towards George on Ridgeway.
- Sometime yesterday - A man was attacked in front of a store on Beat 1432.
- Yesterday at 5:40pm - A pretty large group of gangbangers were seen hanging all over the street at Diversey and Lawndale, in front of a known drug spot on the SW corner. There was no less than 10 of them. A good source of mine tells me that the scene looked absolutely intimidating. Multiple people were so afraid that they went to Central Park (east) or Hamlin (west) just to board the CTA buses on Diversey.
- Yesterday at 7:00pm - A shooting occurred at Lawndale and Fullerton. According to the information I received, officers were at Monticello and Fullerton on patrol when they heard gunshots. As they investigated the gunshots, they saw a male Hispanic, about 5'8, wearing a gray hoodie and black shorts, who went south on Monticello, then north on Lawndale in the east alley, then went west through the backyard at 2438 N Lawndale. Momentarily, he was in custody at Lawndale and Altgeld. CPD was still looking for one more person from the incident. The description of that person was that he was a male Hispanic in a white t-shirt that ran east on Fullerton towards Central Park.
- Yesterday at 10:00pm - Two people were shot on the 3100 block of N Sacramento, according to this Chicago Breaking News article. Two men in their late teens were shot. One was shot in the arm, and the other one was shot in the back. The victims were not seriously injured.
- "I heard four shots ring from lawndale and fullerton, which is down the alley from me. My roomate and I walked by to see what was goin on. bout thirty cops. handfull of squad cars, but I know nothing about what happened. Any additional details?"
- "As for the Lawndale and Fullerton shooting apparantly [apparently] some guy was shooting up in the air. I heard a couple shots at first and then about four more a minute later. don't know if they were warning shots or something but later on the cops had one guy in handcuffs. I live in this area,".