Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Commercial Alarms In 14, Manager VS Shoplifter @ Walgreen's On Pulaski Rd.

Good morning, everyone, it's 7am. I'm monitoring 14 briefly, from now until 7:18, then I'm going to return with 25 at 10, until 3:05pm. I'll be gone from 3:05 to 9:20, at which time I'll return with 25 until midnight. Tomorrow, I'll be on a special schedule in observance of Thanksgiving, as well as Friday for Black Friday. I hope everyone is getting ready to celebrate this great time of year with their friends and family. Hard to believe it's almost the end of the year already. Just yesterday, it seems like, it was summer. On another note, I just realized that Saturday was my 5th year anniversary of doing this blog. I totally forgot. It's very hard for me to believe that it's been five years already since I started this blog. Wow. Time has flown by so fast. I am absolutely amazed that it's been this long I've been doing this blog. To be completely honest, I didn't think I would be doing this blog for this long. To keep a long story short, I am so thankful for all of the wonderful readers I've had and still have down through the years. I am especially thankful for those of you who've been reading since Day #1 (November 23rd, 2008). Thank you for being loyal and being faithful to me, even when I haven't blogged as effectively as I should have. Thank you for being with me even through the hardest times of my life and for encouraging me to keep doing this blog. Reflecting on the years of doing this blog, I can truly say that it has changed my life in many ways. We as a community have several success stories and victories as a result of all of us on this blog taking a stand against crime and disorder in the community. Even though I have not blogged this year as much as I used to in the past years, I still truly enjoy doing this blog when I can. It brings me great joy to do this service for each and every one of you when I am able to. I love all of you and I pray that God will continue to allow me to serve all of you through this blog and continue to do the great works we are doing to better our community. With all of this, here's crime for portions of today.

7:07am - 1) Commercial alarm. 25XX W Lyndale. 2) Commercial alarm. 24XX N Leavitt.

7:18am - I'm going to go. I'll be back later this morning. See you all later.

12:47pm - I'm back. Sorry I'm late, everyone. Good afternoon, everyone.

12:51pm - Battery in progress. 1627 N Pulaski Rd. At the Walgreen's. Manager VS alleged shoplifter.

12:52pm - Second call says that the alleged shoplifter is a woman, she's on the floor wrestling with the employees.

1:40pm - Beat 2582 is doing foot patrol on Fullerton from Kilbourn to Central Park. Event number is 07513.

1:55pm - Criminal damage in progress. Cortland and Springfield. Kids are trying to break into a boarded up building on the corner, near the school.

2:42pm - Disturbance w/ a mental. 3919 W Fullerton. At the Fullerton Hotel. Resident with mental problems is threatening to harm the staff.

3:05pm - I'm going to go until 9:20. I'll see you all then. Have a great finish to your afternoon and start to your evening!

9:20pm - I'm back. Good evening, everyone.

9:31pm - Wanted for an armed robbery from Hamlin and Milwaukee is a male Hispanic, 25 to 30, medium completion, with a skill cap with skulls on it. There are two victims, one of which has a stab wound, and the other was punched in the face. The stabbed victim is in stable condition and will be transported to Illinois Masonic. This is per Beat car 2522. Beat 2550 is notified.

9:45pm - Reckless driver. Milwaukee and Central Park. A van with a plate of 3754419 just turned left on Milwaukee from Central Park, going at a high rate of speed.

9:49pm - 1) Criminal trespass(?). 36XX W Dickens. Caller hears people in a vacant apartment. 2) 2522 is headed over to Masonic. No crime scene. Area North will be notified.

10:53pm - 2522 is clear from Masonic, as well as St. Mary's, where apparently the victim went to, and is heading into 25 to do the report.

11:02pm - Beat 6732David has a handwaver on North just west of Central Park. The person waving officers down is saying that a male Hispanic with a dark hoodie and jeans with designs on the back of them. The guy implied a gun but one wasn't seen. He fled south on Central Park towards LeMoyne.

11:16pm - Parker. On 2523Robert's Beat.

11:59pm - 1) The parker on 2523R's Beat is coded 6Paul. 2) Person down. Milwaukee Ave./Central Park. Caller is trying to make a deposit at the bank and there's a homeless man sleeping in the vestibule.

12:00am - I'm going to go for the night. I'll be back tomorrow. Have a good night, everyone!

2 comments:

Lester Gillis said...

Shoplifting is a crime without punishment. The judge usually throws the case out. That's why they keep stealing.

Anonymous said...

Lester, it doesn't give untrained security guards the right to detain & hold thieves. They should call 911 and just observe them. Let the professionals handle it.
Timmy, Congrats on the 5 year anniversary. I think you would make a excellent journalist. This blog has given you the experience.