Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Detail @ ASPIRA High School On Barry, Foot Patrol On Fullerton

Good afternoon, everyone, it's 12:54pm. It's a cloudy afternoon with temps in the mid 40s, and it will stay that way, mainly in thanks to Superstorm Sandy. Yep, even us here in Chicago are feeling some of the effects from the storm, although nothing as bad as the east coast is experiencing. My thoughts and prayers are with all affected by this horrible, horrible storm, and I'm sure all of yours are, too. It's really unfortunate. I'm monitoring 25 from now until my dinner this evening, then I'll be gone for the night. I'll return tomorrow night, and with special coverage for Halloween. We'll see how this year's Halloween goes, as last year wasn't too good, especially here in 25. I've already got my monitoring schedule set up, and this is how it will be: 17 from   6:50pm to 7:00pm, 14 from 7:00pm to 7:10pm and 25 from 7:10pm on. However, the schedule is NOT 100% guaranteed, due to unforeseen circumstances and situations that may arise in other Districts, including 17 and/or 14. For example, if 14 ends up with a shooting during the time of my initial listening, I will monitor that Zone for up to two hours after. I also want to note that my main focus is on, as usual, 25 because things tend to be the most violent on this end of the neighborhood. But we will have to see how things go. With that, here's crime for this afternoon and early evening.

1:07pm - Beats 2570 and 2578Sam are doing some sort of detail at the ASPIRA school, 3986 W Barry.

1:32pm - Beat 2582 is doing foot patrol this afternoon on Fullerton from Kilbourn to Pulaski.

2:41pm - Animal bite. 30XX N Hamlin. Loose pit bull bit the caller and their son.

4:28pm - Assault in progress. Kelvyn Park. Group of males standing in the park, with baseball bats.

5:11pm - Beat car 2525 has a traffic stop at Belden and Keystone.

5:25pm - Some call on Lawndale somewhere.

7:22pm - I have to go eat, and with that, I'm gone for the night. I'll see you all tomorrow evening. Have a good night, everyone.

No comments: